Long distance relationships - Can they be successful?

Moogle

On 13/08/2016 at 6:35 AM, #00Buck said:

I sent this to him and his only reply was "Oh gawd" lol.

On 13/08/2016 at 6:42 AM, Luka said:

Ooh, I'd love to marry a foreigner from a nice country.

While my bf is lovely, he'd seriously disagree with people saying that South Africa a "nice country". :V

• Like 1

Currently in a long distance relationship with my Foxie. He's in France and I am in Ireland and the length of time we'd spend travelling to one another totals up at around 5-6 hours. It's relatively cheap for me to travel to him and cheaper for him to visit me than his own Parents in France :o. Things have been working amazingly as far as I can see and we're moving intogether in September for a month (I'm heading to him). LDR's work if you both work in making it work, stay in regular contact so when the time comes when you are together you truely value every minute <3

• Like 4

Been with Trekkie for more than a year, and everything is still very good. (:

We're not long distance at the moment, I am still on a visit with him for the summer (sadly returning home September 8th). But we've had all the funs since I've been here!

It can work~

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

If I marry a Canadian, does that make me a Canadian? Cuz I need an escape route if American politics take a turn for the worst.

You really do consider making such a move? O.o

In theory I think it's possible, via spousal sponsorship. But there must certainly be a number of conditions to meet.

17 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

If I marry a Canadian, does that make me a Canadian? Cuz I need an escape route if American politics take a turn for the worst.

Generally, most countries allow spouses of existing citizens to at least gain higher priority over others when to comes to permanent residency. Varies on a country by country basis; I don't know what the specifics are for Canada though.

17 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

ill marry u and make you a citizen on one condition: you have to watch the animes i want to  watch and play the terrible nerd boardgames i want to play forever.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pignog said:

ill marry u and make you a citizen on one condition: you have to watch the animes i want to  watch and play the terrible nerd boardgames i want to play forever.

Aren't you the romantic?

17 hours ago, #00Buck said:

No. 

You must remain where you are and suffer. 

Such is his punishment for being an American?