Falling apart

Lucyfish

I started to pitch this idea to you on Skype, but the answer you gave me to the one question that I asked of you kind of had me reconsider the whole thing.

But I'm doing it anyway, so here goes.

You could try Job Corps. They give you a place to sleep, free medical care, a small bi-weekly stipend for the knick-knacks and thingamajiggers that you may not necessarily be able to live without (like tasty chicken ramen or cigarettes), and the opportunity to complete--and get a subsequent certification in--a trade of your own personal selection. This could potentially outright solve--or at the very least help to alleviate--your psychological and physiological medical issues and your financial burdens.

You've worked at a number of jobs that dealt with the medical field, so I'm going to run off of a hunch here and assume that you're at least open to exploring career opportunities that deal with medicine or working with patients. Here at the Gary center in San Marcos, TX (where I'm at), getting certified as a pharmacist technician, a medical assistant, or a nurse's assistant is possible.

Some students secured the relevant certifications in all three trades, filled out a FASFA form and got approved for a pale grant, enrolled in a community college, and then transferred to a four-year university once they obtained an associates degree or two in whatever major(s) that they were eyeing. They saved a significant amount of dosh after having ran that set-up.

Every center is a bit different. Some are tolerable while others are unequivocally atrocious.

But Job Corps isn't college. It isn't home.

It's a major attraction point for some of the most wretched human refuse that you will ever encounter in one life time. There will be (very low quality and grossly overpriced) weed in abundance, you're probably going to see a fight or two during your enrollment term, the food is nothing more than eatable sustenance, you will get at least one fuckboy or bitchy cunt a month who will try to start shit with you, and you're likely going to be stuck with at least one roommate whom either a) stinks on a virtually perpetual basis or b) is a lazy do-nothing who will never amount to anything. It's probable that you will get depressed and lonely on account of being separated from friends and family for far too long of a duration, and there will be days where you will yearn to resign and give up everything that you've worked towards.

But if you persevere and stay your course, you could turn your life around for the better. That's why I'm here: I got tired of mopping around and sleeping on other people's couches, so I went forward to carve out my own little slice from what's left of the dying American Dream. My goal is to get a bitching bachelor castle where I can be king cat and play spectacular video games and watch raunchy booby animes in blissful solitude without having some yahoo screeching at me about doing the dishes or taking out the trash.

I will clean up whenever I want to clean up. I pay the bills here.

I understand that there are people in your life that you love profoundly. They may be loyal and trustworthy.

But people like that are support mechanisms. The only solid foundation that you have to build the rest of your life upon is yourself.

Anyway, I'm done. Need to go to roll call.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 3:09 PM, GarthTheWereWolf said:

As Buck pointed out~ it sounds like hemorrhoids.

Even if you went to doctor likely they'd just tell you to buy some tucks wipes (pretty much just baby wipes soaked with witchhazel) and to eat a high fiber diet. You can buy some over the counter stool softener if its exceeding painful. Hydrate, exercise, don't strain on the toilet and try taking sitz baths after your 'movements'

Unless they're really bad external hemorrhoids doctor isn't likely to do much more about it. You just have to wait for them to go away on their own and try not exacerbate them.

Hospitals with emergency rooms are actually legally not allowed to turn people away if they cannot pay. They don't like to advertise this fact, as this of course means they have to eat the bill and it raises prices for everyone else~ but homeless people and illegal immigrants come in all the time and cant pay. its not necessarily 'ethical' but if you wanted to you could go in to emergency room with no ID and say you have no home address or means to pay and they cant turn you away.

Another fun unethical ER trick is to tell them "I'm having trouble breathing." That'll get you to front of the line immediately. And if your breathing problems happen to have gotten better by time doctor gets there~ well, doctors here now. May as well tell him about your other problems <;

You are so cool. 

I wish I could help you in any meaningful way.. But I'll tell you this:

There's only one certainty in life: If you give up, you won't achieve anything, or go anywhere. That's the only thing you can be absolutely certain of. For the rest, well, nothing's bound to succeed, but not everything is bound to failure either! There is so much to do in life, just try things, even if it's pointless. That's how many people find their purpose in life. Sometimes it's hidden in the most trivial things!

I'm not here to turn this thread into a pity contest, but I can't say I've had it easy in life so far. I've been rejected so much that I forgot to live. It literally dehumanized me. Today I'm 23 and I don't know who I am nor do I know what to do with my life. And I'm on my own to figure this out. My self-esteem? Heh, it doesn't exist, and never did. That's another thing I need to fix.

If I give up, nothing will change, that's for sure! It ain't easy, the mere thought of going through all of this makes me want to cry, but I need to do it.

On 30/08/2016 at 0:17 PM, Lucyfish said:

One would think taxes could do a pretty good job paying doctors

In any decent country, they do.

Actually from what I understand, an ER is supposed to offer help in an emergency regardless of whether they can be paid or not.Part of that Hippocratic oath or whatever. If you're broke, it's their problem.

I bled from my ass a bit when I was eleven. Within a few months of my first trip to the hospital I had been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. So if there is a more serious problem at hand, that at the very least is worth finding out.