Rant: Feeling Kinda Useless

Sidewalk Surfboard

All I seem to do anymore is sleep, eat, and sperg over inane shit. I hate obsessing over this shit, as you are all well aware of. I wish I could begin to obsess over something actually useful. Like math. You can't get a degree by knowing the difference between a Creative Engineering animatronic and a Garner Holt one, or how many extra teeth Freddie Mercury had, or the subtle differences between the same rides in different Disney Parks. I feel so dumb, like I'm not going to amount to anything. I wanna stop being obsessive, and I wanna stop feeling like a freak. I almost feel like an alien sometimes.

What sort of work have you been looking for? A lot of people have a career or specific job type in mind and it limits their options. Take any job, keeping in mind it never needs to be permanent. Even just doing manual labour most of each day keeps you physically occupied and doesn't completely drain your focus.

13 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

What sort of work have you been looking for? A lot of people have a career or specific job type in mind and it limits their options. Take any job, keeping in mind it never needs to be permanent. Even just doing manual labour most of each day keeps you physically occupied and doesn't completely drain your focus.

I've been looking for the typical sorts of jobs such as a bagger at a grocer and similar. The problem is that every time I've gone and gotten an application, we've ended up moving before I can fill it out. I do have some job experience. In one of my old schools, we got paid to do general jobs around the school (I worked in the kitchen cleaning and such), but I never ended up getting my money. And at my last school, I worked in the school's coffee shop and made various drinks.

The job I have now I got by walking in off the streets and asking for one at a small business. So really that's the only advice I can give. Granted it did take a year and a few weeks for that to work, but keep it in mind. Even if a business isn't currently hiring it doesn't hurt for them to have your name and resume.

@Sidewalk Surfboard

I know the feelings you are going about to a small degree, I mean I barely have any energy to clean the house so it's usually hella disorganized.

The best thing is to start developing a skill, many of which you can learn at home. Art, music, modeling, electronics, hypnosis, programming, etc.... set a schedule for yourself and when it feels bland try to tie in the things you sperg about and explore them through those new skills.

You are young, hell I didn't get a good job until 19 and a half.... and flunked out of like every one until then.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2016 at 1:39 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

The problem is that every time I've gone and gotten an application, we've ended up moving before I can fill it out.

Most places have their applications online so you can access them from home and fill them out then.

If not, they'll at least have paper copies you can take home with you

1 minute ago, willow said:

Most places have their applications online so you can access them from home and fill them out then.

If not, they'll at least have paper copies you can take home with you

We had the paper copies, but again, we moved before I could fill them out, so it seemed pointless. Last night I learned that we will not be moving again, so if I wanted a job now, I could possibly get one since there's no fear of leaving.

5 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

We had the paper copies, but again, we moved before I could fill them out, so it seemed pointless. Last night I learned that we will not be moving again, so if I wanted a job now, I could possibly get one since there's no fear of leaving.

Oh you meant moved as in actually moved places

nvm

1 minute ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Have you thought about getting an online job, since you're moving so often?

2 minutes ago, willow said:

Oh yeah meant moved as in actually moved places

nvm

What did you think I meant by "moved"? :v

2 minutes ago, PurpleTail said:

Have you thought about getting an online job, since you're moving so often?

I have not, no. I would prefer a physical job so that I actually go outside for once.