Super Mario Maker

Eggdodger

I got it a couple weeks ago. It's pretty fun for making levels; I honestly had no idea how bad I am at making levels other people can beat. I guess I grew up very comfortable with Mario games, because I make levels I consider challenging that my friends have a lot of trouble with. As a future game designer hopeful, that's a big realization to make. It's not just my friends, either; the levels I've uploaded online have rather low clear rates. Now, I'm challenging myself to intentionally scale back the difficulty of my levels.

Does anyone else here have the game? It's surprisingly fun as a party game, either passing off the controller in 100-Mario Challenge or sitting together and making a level or two. I still make intentionally difficult levels just for my best friend's older brother, because we like seeing him in pain. =v (You'd swear his catchphrase is "Damn you, Jacob!" if you ever saw us playing games together)

At the same time, I have a small hint of buyer's remorse because of the $60 price tag, but I mean... First $60 game I've gotten for myself in probably two or three years. I gotta treat myself now and then.

My boyfriend, his friend, and I all made levels. Barely anyone has touched their uber hard levels but mine went semi-viral cause I just made it goofy. My bf got soooooo jealous. Especially because it is his game, lol.

Wanna post the level codes? =D

I want it,
but I don't have a Wii U, and the lings aren't in it (despite it being a tribute to classic Mario, which I'm still wtf-ing at).

If they rectify the last part,
I'll rectify the first two.

Until then, I have SMBX.

Edited by Vae

I want it,
but I don't have a Wii U, and the lings aren't in it (despite it being a tribute to classic Mario, which I'm still wtf-ing at).

If they rectify the last part,
I'll rectify the first two.

Until then, I have SMBX.

Well, there could always be an update. They've already updated it once (you can see the version no. at the title screen), and the Super Mario Maker stage in Smash Brothers has slopes, which the actual game lacks, meaning that could be included in a potential update. Gosh, I hope so; I want to make SMB3 levels that actually feel like SMB3. Slopes made that game what it was.