So much for me getting Destiny...

I don't even want it as a gift after reading this

I just can't support stuff like that. Even if I'm not using the micro-transactions, me still having someone get it for me as a gift or me just playing the game is still giving it support. Really? As if releasing Taken King and every other DLC wasn't enough, they need more money by doing this horseshit?

I don't play games if they're selling stuff that actually provides some sort of advantage, but I don't have a problem with cosmetics. Emotes don't sound like a thing you'd be pressured to buy in order to keep up in the game.

Not that I've heard anything that would make me want to play Destiny anyway.

Destiny is that game I wanted to love, it's beautiful. It's the kind of art style I long for. I'm a sucker for this kinda sci-fi, but here I am with a PS4 and I haven't even once considered buying the game since it's release. Something really fucked up the development somewhere. The voice acting was lame. The loot mechanics were poor at launch and maybe still are. Hell they pushed all the lore onto a website! For me, that last one is unforgivable for bungie. Bah, I'll just look at screenshots and have more fun they playing it,

I don't play games if they're selling stuff that actually provides some sort of advantage, but I don't have a problem with cosmetics. Emotes don't sound like a thing you'd be pressured to buy in order to keep up in the game.

Not that I've heard anything that would make me want to play Destiny anyway.

You have a point with it being just cosmetics. Woulda been worse if it was weapons but I just hate the concept of micro-transactions in general. I remember when you had to play to unlock cosmetics and there was no option to buy them. You got rewarded for playing. I just believe that if you pay full price for a base, you shouldn't have to spend anymore on that base game.

Destiny is that game I wanted to love, it's beautiful. It's the kind of art style I long for. I'm a sucker for this kinda sci-fi, but here I am with a PS4 and I haven't even once considered buying the game since it's release. Something really fucked up the development somewhere. The voice acting was lame. The loot mechanics were poor at launch and maybe still are. Hell they pushed all the lore onto a website! For me, that last one is unforgivable for bungie. Bah, I'll just look at screenshots and have more fun they playing it,

The story was the big hitter for me. Such a cliche storyline that ended so...poorly and just reeked of being incomplete. I was gonna get the Taken King to give it another chance after a year of not playing it, but I just can't support micro-transactions of any kind

I actually rather enjoyed the beta of Destiny, and was planning to pick it up after the price had dropped a bit. But with the recent display of excellency in wrecking their own brand, Bungie has completely turned me away from that. They've shown nought but a complete disregard for publicity and marketing, and seem to focus more on squeezing every drop of dough from their IP. That's not unexpected, but the way they're doing it instantaneously salts the earth.

Eh.. at least it's pointless crap, like WoW's shit. I know Destiny gets a lot of hate, but I got a lot of enjoyment from the gameplay and most of the campaign. I'm also rather attached to my OC so I'll keep playing if and when they release new content. Just not multiplayer though, cbf with matchmaking. 

Yeah I know, I'm the worst

• Like 2

Eh.. at least it's pointless crap, like WoW's shit. I know Destiny gets a lot of hate, but I got a lot of enjoyment from the gameplay and most of the campaign. I'm also rather attached to my OC so I'll keep playing if and when they release new content. Just not multiplayer though, cbf with matchmaking. 

Yeah I know, I'm the worst

How dare you genuinely like something! >:v

I'm basing all of my knowledge on launch Destiny. I'm not mad about the situation in the OP. I've heard a lot of people say Taken King itself is a fun thing to play, and if they finally managed to get with it, I might be back on board. I'm not always writing this game off. Diablo 3 had a huge turnaround itself. Can anyone tell me how much the base game improved from launch to now? I won't bother if it isn't a lot more fun to play now then it was then and yeah i know there's a character boost, but I won't do that on my first play.

Question 2: If I don't have any friends who play with me, will end game content be a pain in the ass? Raid and stuff.

Edited by Luca