Far Cry Primal

So...this just got announced (The game is officially titled Far Cry Primal, not Far Cry 5 as the video uploader suggests)

I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this. I mean is this a big DLC add on like Blood Dragon or Valley of the Yeti? I can't see it being a sequel. They usually premiere a new Far Cry at some kind of gaming event like E3 or Gamescon.

Plus if I remember correctly, they had a survey of what setting people would like to see in the next Far Cry game and the option of "A Shangri La with a tiger companion with bows and arrows" got the lowest votes. And from what I read it may not be set in Shangri La, but you're still using bow and arrows with a tiger companion.

The highest votes on that survey were Western, WW2, or a Jurassic Park type of world. I don't know...I don't think I see this as a sequel. They wouldn't purposefully go against what people want and risk not making any money, would they?

Could this be a spinoff?

And is anyone else getting strong Horizon: Zero Dawn vibes or is that just me?

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49

Crazy tribal caveman farcry looks like a cool idea but its not what I want out of a new farcry game. I play them for the whole "stuck in a war-torn hellscape with barely-working guns (until you unlock the hilarious tacticool shit at the end)" aspect.

I doubt it'll be a failure, but it probably won't be as well received as the others.

Only if it will have some cool survival and crafting stuff, in which, looking at the prequels, I doubt. After all, Far Cry series are being played for intensity of the experience, and here, that would be unachievable. Because I can't really imagine any action with tomahawks fyling and bows blazing being even half as intense as in any of the previous titles.

Unless Ubisoft is changing the profile of the series. But that means terrible reviews, as a lot of people who were hyped on the series will buy it only because of the title... And will be very, very dissapointed.

Oh look yet another ''let's make a new IP by slapping a well known title on it even though it's got nothing to do with said title so it gets more sales'' game

a lot of people who were hyped on the series will buy it only because of the title... And will be very, very dissapointed.

Exactly