Rant: Deposit my Money

Ratmomma

2nd pay week now that I haven't received a direct deposit from my new job, so I'm wildly assuming another paycheck will be coming via snail mail, which doesn't FUCKING HELP ME BECAUSE MY BANK IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE STATE. 

This is the first job I've had that it apparently takes forever to get to direct deposited my meager earnings. Every other job it's been IMMEDIATE. So now I get to fucking gamble and mail it out...if my partner remembers to send it to HIS bank, which is significantly closer.

No, I'm not setting up another account at a local bank because dealing with two different banks in two different states is ridiculous. No, not closing my accounts from my bank back home because I've been banking with them for just shy of 10yrs.

it's my money and i NEED IT NAOW :Ui fucking hate that commercial

Epic_raeg_face.gif

MY BANK IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE STATE.

It seems like you should strongly consider moving your banking to a bank that operates in the state that you live in. O.o  Like, I imagine you have a reason for maintaining an out of stage bank account, but if you don't live in that state anymore, even a supplemental account just for basic chequing that services your state would be the right move.

No, not closing my accounts from my bank back home because I've been banking with them for just shy of 10yrs.

Ten years of loyalty doesn't seem like a good reason to make yourself unable to even cash a cheque without leaving the state that you live in to do it.  Do you have any other reasons than 'Because 10 years'?  It seems like you're doing nothing but inconveniencing yourself for the sake of momentum.

Edited by AshleyAshes

It seems like you should strongly consider moving your banking to a bank that operates in the state that you live in. O.o  Like, I imagine you have a reason for maintaining an out of stage bank account, but if you don't live in that state anymore, even a supplemental account just for basic chequing that services your state would be the right move.

Ten years of loyalty doesn't seem like a good reason to make yourself unable to even cash a cheque without leaving the state that you live in to do it.  Do you have any other reasons than 'Because 10 years'?  It seems like you're doing nothing but inconveniencing yourself for the sake of momentum.

I've had a job in this new state and didn't have any issues with direct deposit. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

And I want to maintain that account out of state because the rates are good, the service is good, and its maintained itself for 125yrs without major issues. I'm extremely leery of chain banks (I'm staring at you, Wells Fargo) because they've fucked me over before, so I'd rather stick to my bank that hasn't fucked me once in 10yrs.

I swear to god I saw a place that charged $40 to cash a check, and I was like, "THE HELL IS THAT"

One word answer: Usury. I wish those places could be shut down for usury law violations. I don't know why the SEC doesn't enforce existing laws on it. 

Sometimes the direct deposit can take two or three pay cycles to get set up. I have worked for companies in the Greater Houston area and banked at the same bank for 20 years. Some are fast to set it up, some are really, really slow.  All I can say is hang in there, it will work out. But I understand. Hang in there doesn't always work when you are sweating rent, electric bills, water bills etc. 

Edited by Skylar Husky

One word answer: Usury. I wish those places could be shut down for usury law violations. I don't know why the SEC doesn't enforce existing laws on it. 

Sometimes the direct deposit can take two or three pay cycles to get set up. I have worked for companies in the Greater Houston area and banked at the same bank for 20 years. Some are fast to set it up, some are really, really slow.  All I can say is hang in there, it will work out. But I understand. Hang in there doesn't always work when you are sweating rent, electric bills, water bills etc. 

I've never even heard of that term before now.... that actually perfect describes those places.

Where is that guy with $5?

He could probably loan you some of it until you get paid. 

HOLY SHIT ARE YOU THE REAL BIG MOUTH BILLY BASS?!

gif.gif