What Was Your First Fandom?

Sidewalk Surfboard

Just furries I guess...I did like Winnie the Pooh when I was younger, had a sheet set and I still have a stuffed Pooh from Disney World that was given to me after I was born. I'm not sure any of my childhood interests really count, of course I was very shy, maybe that hurt a bit...

My brother was big into Pokemon at one point, the TV show, the card game, bed sheets, and I think he had a few beanie-type plushes. 

Probably science fiction/fantasy (esp. literature).

First con ever was a sci fi/fantasy con. Second con was an anime con.

The furries are the first fandom that I've actively participated in, though. Many of my other interests and hobbies have fandoms attached to them, but I rarely, if ever, interact with those fandoms.

Hard to say because of how I define "fandom". As far as being part of a group of people with shared interests, it was probably ThunderCats, which was big on Toonami around the time I first got the internet. I even had a fansite. Being part of a web ring used to be a thing, and I was, so, yeah, heh.

Before that maybe Breath of Fire. The RPG series. I was obsessed. Bought every game since the first. Had Electronics Boutique (pre EB Games) call me up the day BOF3 came in so I could get it ASAP. Those games, man.

TMNT is a big one, too. I was just about the toys, mostly.

Edited by Ratical

There were lots of things I really enjoyed as a kid, but I don't feel like I hit "fandom" deep with any of them until Pokemon and not too much later Digimon, then not soon after that Yu-Gi-Oh. All within a couple years I was super into all three of those, but Pokemon was first.

It actually could have been furry in some way.

The Animals of Farthing Wood was a favourite show when I was growing up, and I much preferred Beast Was over the traditional transformers. I always and still do love animated movies and shows with talking or anthro animals.

That chav weasel's laugh has been embedded in my brain since the 90s. :|

The first thing I liked as a kid were the Biker Mice, but the first thing I've started drawing fanart of and making up my own stories were Pokèmon, so I guess that was my first fandom. It helped the fact that I was in elementary school when the first generation kicked in, so automatically everyone in my class was interested in it in some way, no one excluded. It was like, already having a community to obsess with, but in real life and not online. We even had argues and querrels between those who liked Pokèmon the most and the others who instead preferred Digimon.

The only thing I never managed to organize with my schoolmates were matches with the trading card game, it was like I was the only one smart enough to actually read the instructions and rules; to this day, I still have to meet someone IRL who knew how to play it as a kid.