What Was Your First Fandom?

Sidewalk Surfboard

Everybody here is in a fandom, most likely. (Furries, duh.)
But, I want to know what your first fandom was.
My first fandom, when I was 6, was Pac-Man. More specifically, the ghosts. I had a ton of Ghost OCs and headcanons for the ghosts. I drew them all the time, and I even dragged my friends into it. Looking back, it was definitely my first fandom.

Watership Down. Nobody really called it a fandom but that's essentially what it was. I think the term just wasn't so popular then—or at least I hadn't heard it. Looking back I'm actually kind of surprised I even found it. Very small and obscure, and all the parts I knew of it then are long gone.

• Like 1

Possibly Castlevania, I guess.  I played like every game in that series starting when I was about five years old, made up my own Belmont and even had my own headcanon about what went down in the Demon Castle War.  And then Konami rebooted the series and made it all weird.

Watership Down. Nobody really called it a fandom but that's essentially what it was. I think the term just wasn't so popular then—or at least I hadn't heard it. Looking back I'm actually kind of surprised I even found it. Very small and obscure, and all the parts I knew of it then are long gone.

I think that definitely counts as a fandom, and I thought it was pretty popular. It even had it's own tabletop role-playing game similar to Dungeons & Dragons called Bunnies & Burrows.  It's still one of my favourite books, along with Plague Dogs.

Last I heard, a new Watership Down CGI movie is in the works, too.  I bet nothing will go wrong with that.

Edited by Chrysocyon

Killing my father and marrying my mother still wouldn't be as shameful as doing shitty furfag recolors and write crappy fanfics and read other crappy fanfics about Sonic impregnating Tails or whatever.

I think my first fandom was probably Pokemon, back when Red and Blue (and Green, I guess) were the only games out. I still remember drawing my own "Fakemon", such as a grass-type Eeveelution. Funnily enough, I also remember naming it "Leafeon"...

Then I decided that the name was dumb.

...I still think it's a dumb name.

• Like 1

What are the criteria for this? I have never drawn art, written stories, or had a head canon about anything, ever. Am I aberrant?

I propose that if you have participated in some sort of social group based on a shared enjoyment of [thing], be its nature discussion or art or roleplay or whatever, then you can consider yourself to have been part of 'a fandom' rather than just 'a fan' individually. Really I should probably narrow down [thing] more because this would also apply to stuff that wouldn't traditionally be said to have a fandom, but close enough.

Probably Bionicle. I had the sets, played the videogames, read the few online comics, watched the unboxings (yes, I'm guilty of watching unboxings, bear with me I was just a kid)...

I really loved the stop motions the fans would make as well as the official animated mini movies, though, above everything. Respectively, here are my favourites:

*SNIFF*. THE NOSTALGIA

psssst

have one of my fantrolls

trollrikke1.jpg

awwww yeaaaah, A highblood :3 The anglerfish lusus is pretty cool, too! I like it o3o

I tried to have a trollsona once but it ended up being a Nepeta knockoff variation of my 'sona. I think my Cherub OC's were cooler and way more thought out.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

I wrote like
a legitimate fanfiction for Guardian Legend,
when I was 4.

It was stapled together, badly illustrated, badly spelled, and had nothing to do with the plot of the game.
I think it had stuff from Blaster Master and Lifeforce in it, too.

I wish I still had it.

Hm, hard to remember. I was into a lot of stuff as a kid of the 90s, but nothing got to me like Pokemon did.
I was also really obsessed with Twister(the movie), but I didn't know anybody else that was haha

Edited by Phausk
  • Like 1

I wrote like
a legitimate fanfiction for Guardian Legend,
when I was 4.

It was stapled together, badly illustrated, badly spelled, and had nothing to do with the plot of the game.
I think it had stuff from Blaster Master and Lifeforce in it, too.

I wish I still had it.

"and then the guardian and vic viper kissed~"

I think my first fandom would be Anne McCaffrey's series, The Dragonriders of Pern. I spent a lot of time hanging out on Pern-themed BBS, consuming everything she wrote, getting books signed, getting art commissioned (silly little things but still). It introduced me to a lot of cool people and I made some good friends whom I still talk to today, 25-some years later.

• Like 1

"and then the guardian and vic viper kissed~"

I wish I was that creative as a kid. Lol.

I'm pretty sure I just thought the Guardian and the Vic Viper were the same person at that age.
Because spaceships
or something.

I wish I was that creative as a kid. Lol.

I'm pretty sure I just thought the Guardian and the Vic Viper were the same person at that age.
Because spaceships
or something.

scrub ass kid don't even know the majesty that is LORD BRITISH, the 2P in Lifeforce.

scrub ass kid don't even know the majesty that is LORD BRITISH, the 2P in Lifeforce.

No, but I didn't know about Zelos or the Salamander anime at that age, either. Otherwise I'd have probably shit myself at the existence of the latter. Lol.

Also pffft, two-player. No thank.

Edited by Vae

Batman. I remember watching the animated series as a kid and it was the first time I saw something that genuinely made me feel. What cemented it, I think, was the two-face episode. It was intense and at the end of the two parter I was kind of sitting there and feeling a little confused, the ending wasn't happy and I wasn't sure if the good guy had actually won. It didn't feel like anybody won, it was just tragic. When I got older I understood it a little better and appreciated it even more and I've stayed a fan for a long time.

I think my first fandom would be Anne McCaffrey's series, The Dragonriders of Pern.

Whoa!  That takes me back.......

When I first fell in love with Pern, the internet was still at least a decade away.  I guess you could say it was my first fandom too....but the technology that enabled fandoms and communities hadn't really been deployed yet. I remember when alt.fan.pern was created as a USENET news group, but I haven't been back there in decades of turns.

HAHAHAH It was naruto! I still have MS paint drawings that I did of all of the main characters. 

....God. I drew so much Yaoi. 

Edited by Lemon