Machine

I have a TOSHIBA Satellite L775 laptop that is four years old. I've been having an issue for the past five months or so where my E key sometimes doesn't click in, sometimes omitting an E in my text, or does double E's if I click it. It is very annoying and I'm not sure what to really do. One source on the Internet said replacing the battery might help, but if not a technician should be consulted. What should I do?

All of a sudden everyone's keyboards are getting fucked, first Azure then you. Should I get worried?

IT'S A KEYBOARD VIRUS! EEEE

Wait wait wait... someone actually said replacing the battery might help?

i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymo

I was really confused by it, honestly, though it's slightly more complex than just removing the battery. [url=http://ccm.net/forum/affich-475100-certain-laptop-keys-don-t-work]It has 550 upvotes.

"Greetings 

However all of the above, some people have tried the followiing and had success: 

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.. if that does not work a technician is a must."

A lot of people say it worked.

I might have a spare Toshiba laptop keyboard. Whether or not it fits your model is a different story.

But that's the sign of a damaged membrane switch. Replacing your battery is not going to help in this case.

LAME.

I might be able to buy one, if I have the cash.

Edited by Machine

All of a sudden everyone's keyboards are getting fucked, first Azure then you. Should I get worried?

to be honest i know off quite a couple ppl whose keyboards are broken right now. how the hell do you guys even get that done? are you smashing the buttons so brutal that they almost fly out or what? .-."

• 2 weeks later...