Sweet Jesus The Overtime. @_@

AshleyAshes

In my experience Nvidia driver support for Linux is better than AMD. Nvidia even bumped up the speed of their driver by 50% when Gabe decided to release Steam on Linux. AMD has always had mediocre OGL support anyway, their stock drivers don't even work properly with hardware acceleration and browsers like Mozilla.  

Edited by Mr. Fox

AMD is shit should've gone with Nvidia.

My old PC had an AMD card and I never had any problems with it. Ran what I needed to pretty well and was cheaper.

Got an NVidia now though, and damn that shadowplay is nice.

Brand loyalty in this case seems foolish. Go with what you need/can afford.

In my experience Nvidia driver support for Linux is better than AMD. Nvidia even bumped up the speed of their driver by 50% when Gabe decided to release Steam on Linux. AMD has always had mediocre OGL support anyway, their stock drivers don't even work properly with hardware acceleration and browsers like Mozilla.  

I've never had too much trouble with my more recent AMD. Of course, it crapped out on me after 3 years. ;(

My old PC had an AMD card and I never had any problems with it. Ran what I needed to pretty well and was cheaper.

Got an NVidia now though, and damn that shadowplay is nice.

Brand loyalty in this case seems foolish. Go with what you need/can afford.

I've been with ATi and later AMD for well over a decade and so far they've done me well.  However with the way AMD's developments have been going, this may be my last AMD card.  It'll depend on what's up for grabs when it's time to upgrade again 2-3 years from now.  Right now AMD is at least able to compete on price even if their long term devepments are slow.

• Like 1

I've been with ATi and later AMD for well over a decade and so far they've done me well.  However with the way AMD's developments have been going, this may be my last AMD card.  It'll depend on what's up for grabs when it's time to upgrade again 2-3 years from now.  Right now AMD is at least able to compete on price even if their long term devepments are slow.

I would've went with another AMD card, but I'm scared it would've end up dying on me like the last one did. It might've just been issue with ASUS, but I wasn't willing to take the chance on such an expensive component. So I went with an EVGA GTX since my really old EVGA 9800GT card is still going.

I think my brother had an ASUS nvidia card some years ago that also died prematurely. Personally I've gone with mostly Sapphire and MSI lately.

The state of the drivers does get annoying sometimes (moreso on linux than windows IME), but I already dislike how few options exist in this market and really really don't want to just be left with nvidia.