choo choo, the Caledonian comes with steampunk songs

Caledonian

you're probably not interested but I want to inform you all of the greatness of steampunk music so I dug into the archives to show you all the variation in steampunk music!

so!

CHOO CHOO!

12788.jpg

here is the load! it's by far not all but just a bunch of catchy band names and bands I like, I decided to spare you and not embed them all. I may later add genre tags later.

as I said a lot of variation so go ahead and click a few links! if you for example, don't like Feline and Strange I can promise you that The Men that will not be blamed for nothing are VERY different!

Feline and Strange

world music like, has some grammophonic tunes. Classical influences.
- I've build a little spaceship around my lonely heart-

Daniel Malheur 

jazz-like with a dark fringe.
-it's heaven and hell, heaven and hell, oh well.-

the Cat Empire

I have no idea how to describe this but it's catchy and makes me want to dance. it has a great swing and some sort of caribean air?
-all night awake in a moon lightened avenue-

Weasels Exist

Abney Park

Steam Powered Giraffe

the Men that Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing 

the Clockwork Quartet

BB. Blackdog

THAT damned band

the Cog is Dead

Zydepunks

Squirrel Nut Zippers

Ez3kiel

and there are MANY MANY more that YOU ALL should listen too and I gladly provide links to!

Edited by Caledonian
  • Like 1

I'll have you know, that train you posted identifies as goth NOT punk >:L

Joking aside I'll give it a whirl, didn't even know steampunk music was a thing.

I feel like I need to tell you most steampunks don't identify as Punk either, that's why they don't like being called steampunkers. ;)

please tell me what you think of it!

I feel like I need to tell you most steampunks don't identify as Punk either, that's why they don't like being called steampunkers. ;)

please tell me what you think of it!

I-It was a play on words, I was not implying steampunks identified as punks.... >:L

The music is interesting, not really my cup of tea though. I like more classical stuff when it comes to  this sort of thing.

I-It was a play on words, I was not implying steampunks identified as punks.... >:L

The music is interesting, not really my cup of tea though. I like more classical stuff when it comes to  this sort of thing.

steampunk orchestra 

or the clockwork dolls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULzDJTo1zNw

Edited by Caledonian

That's Flip Cassidy, i love that guy. Never realized he was part of the steampunk scene.

-vid-

Working my way through the list now, kinda hit and miss but i'm definitely going to have to revisit Daniel Malheur.

well, it must be said steampunks like to claim music (and film) as theirs while it wasn't made to be as such. if it SOUNDS steamy, though, we will classify it as steampunk music. this includes good mister Cassidy. it doesn't even just sound steampunk, it looks steampunk too. it's definitely Victoriana.

I'm glad I could offer you something you like! I've seen Daniel Malheur life and that was quite interesting indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWClIH_1tiE

please ignore the video.

Edited by Caledonian

On 7 december 2015 at 7:15 PM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Gonna have to give those links a shot when I have the time, I'm quite curious

I know this probably doesn't count but P!ATD Ballad of Mona Lisa is my favorite Steampunk music video (not the music itself, though x3)

Please tell me what you think of it! If you do so there is quite a chance I link you to more music though ;)

that video is steamy, music is sort of steamy. Lets call it steampunk.

On 07/12/2015 at 7:58 AM, Caledonian said:

well, it must be said steampunks like to claim music (and film) as theirs while it wasn't made to be as such. if it SOUNDS steamy, though, we will classify it as steampunk music. this includes good mister Cassidy. it doesn't even just sound steampunk, it looks steampunk too. it's definitely Victoriana.

I'm glad I could offer you something you like! I've seen Daniel Malheur life and that was quite interesting indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWClIH_1tiE

please ignore the video.

Ah, yeah i have to say i noticed that with the last couple of songs you posted. If you like Squirrel Nut Zippers check out Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, they ride a similar vibe. Damn this thread has reignited my desire to buy Victorian clothing, so much good music here. Still need to look up more of the Clockwork Quartet, BB. Blackdog, THAT damned band and Zydepunks but i've been listening to a lot of the Men that Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing and i've fallen in love with everything about Steam Powered Giraffe.

Also that video was sublime, i don't know why you want people to ignore it. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2015 at 6:45 AM, KyryK said:

Ah, yeah i have to say i noticed that with the last couple of songs you posted. If you like Squirrel Nut Zippers check out Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, they ride a similar vibe. Damn this thread has reignited my desire to buy Victorian clothing, so much good music here. Still need to look up more of the Clockwork Quartet, BB. Blackdog, THAT damned band and Zydepunks but i've been listening to a lot of the Men that Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing and i've fallen in love with everything about Steam Powered Giraffe.

Also that video was sublime, i don't know why you want people to ignore it. :P

I'm glad I could offer you something to enjoy! please do buy victorian clothing ;) I love SPG too, they're brilliant as a band but as persons too. 

becaaaaauuuuuseeeeeeee eerrrrrrrrr

On 30/12/2015 at 10:40 AM, Caledonian said:

I'm glad I could offer you something to enjoy! please do buy victorian clothing ;) I love SPG too, they're brilliant as a band but as persons too. 

becaaaaauuuuuseeeeeeee eerrrrrrrrr

Indeed, everything about their act is fantastic. As for (roughly) Victorian clothing, i fully intend to. I own a top hat and prince edward jacket but they're not right quite, i've wanted to own a tailcoat for years but they're a bit too expensive for me atm. Hopefully i'll be picking up a cheap bowler, waistcoat and some goggles soon enough though :3

Aaaaalso, here's a little steampunk playlist for anyone that's interested:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...