Give me booze

Kaizy

Alright, so the end of my semester is nearing (whether or not it'll be a triumphant finish or a disappointing one has yet to be decided), and I'm kind of interested in getting plastered for no fucking reason other than the sake of celebrating the end of the semester and my roommates leaving for a few weeks. I'm not partying or anything like that, I just want to sit down and comfortably drink, preferably while playing games or chatting with friends. Problem is, I don't handle hard alcohols well and I'm really picky on flavor, so I tend to dislike most of them after only one sip. But I'm trying not to just go for the usual pack of Smirnoff Ice or Mike's or what the fuck ever. I was asking around elsewhere but no one really gave me any suggestions, and so I come here.

Suggest me alcoholic shit I can buy/mix that tastes good and gets me blasted.

I dunno what I'd recommend you, Pizza Possum. I only really drink hard liquor myself and nothing fancy at that.

However if you get real drunk and want to play something for fun, I see you play KF2 a lot and I'm always game for that... *hint *hint

4 minutes ago, Luca said:

I dunno what I'd recommend you, Pizza Possum. I only really drink hard liquor myself and nothing fancy at that.

However if you get real drunk and want to play something for fun, I see you play KF2 a lot and I'm always game for that... *hint *hint

I will definitely be playing a lot more of that over my break.

3 minutes ago, ZorroValdez said:

My lady friends tend to go for 'em often. Lotta fruity varieties, too sweet for me though.

Ever had a caucasian?

I do like fruit flavored stuff, that's a big one for me.

I do not know what a caucasian is.

46 minutes ago, ZorroValdez said:

It's vodka with creamer or milk and coffee liqueur. Or white russian, same thing

Oh, I've had a white russian before. IIRC I really liked those and drank waaay too many one night, got completely fucked and had the worst hangover ever the next day.

Honestly, if it's your first go around, you might as well make it worthwhile... Pick up some cognac, Hennessy VSOP.

Otherwise, tie into the rye and give 'er shit, Gib's Gold for that, Smirnoff is a kick-ass vodka for the price, or Havannah Club is right on the dot for spiced rum.

There's piles of options

I was gonna suggest Angry Orchard, but if you wanna absolutely destroy yourself, that's probs not gonna be enough.

Try Pinnacle whipped (it's vodka, but it has a vanilla quality to it, so it's not as strong-tasting), kahlua, a sweet/semi-sweet red wine, or hpnotiq.

If you like creamy things, tequila rose is also pretty damn good by itself.

Edited by Vae

8 minutes ago, Clove Darkwave said:

Have you tried Angry Orchard cider for something not so intense but drinkable?

I prefer hard liquors myself but if it's going to be light it's going to be cider. Beer a shit.

I've had plenty of Angry Orchard, it's a personal favorite of mine.

5 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

Honestly, if it's your first go around, you might as well make it worthwhile... Pick up some cognac, Hennessy VSOP.

Otherwise, tie into the rye and give 'er shit, Gib's Gold for that, Smirnoff is a kick-ass vodka for the price, or Havannah Club is right on the dot for spiced rum.

There's piles of options

It's not my first go around, but I rarely drink, and if I do it's usually a six-pack of the previously mentioned drinks once a month.

I've had cognac, vodka, rum, and whiskey. Haven't been a fan of any of them since they're pretty much a "you have to enjoy/tolerate the strong taste of alcohol" to enjoy those.

2 minutes ago, Vae said:

I was gonna suggest Angry Orchard, but if you wanna absolutely destroy yourself, that's probs not gonna be enough.

Try Pinnacle whipped (it's vodka, but it has a vanilla quality to it, so it's not as strong-tasting), kahlua, a sweet/semi-sweet red wine, or hpnotiq.

Possibly. I've had bad experiences with vodka in the past, so I've been hesitant to buy it, but it's been the one hard alcohol on record that I've both bought/mixed the most and has gotten me the most destroyed.

I've had Kahlua pretty frequently, my dad used to make his own occasionally.

I've been pretty curious about Hpnotiq after seeing it a lot in liquor stores. Can you describe the taste? I know there's like 2 different varieties (or at least I've only seen 2).

2 minutes ago, Kaizy said:

I've been pretty curious about Hpnotiq after seeing it a lot in liquor stores. Can you describe the taste? I know there's like 2 different varieties (or at least I've only seen 2).

I didn't know there were two of them? Huh, that's odd. I've only ever seen the blue stuff.

Hpnotiq's very sour,
but it doesn't have a strong alcohol taste iirc.
It just tastes like drinking a strong lemonade or something. Like a fruit juice.

Edited by Vae

5 minutes ago, Vae said:

I didn't know there were two of them? Huh, that's odd. I've only ever seen the blue stuff.

Hpnotiq's very sour,
but it doesn't have a strong alcohol taste iirc.
It just tastes like drinking a strong lemonade or something. Like a fruit juice.

Yeah, IIRC there's also a purple one, which is the one I saw first.

I'm liking the sound of that though. I'm gonna consider that.

1 minute ago, Clove Darkwave said:

I didn't care for the Hypnotiq myself, too sweet tasting to me by far and the Vodka didn't seem all that great for the price.

Personally, I like just mixing it with rum.

But if Kaizy doesn't like the taste of alc to begin with, it's worth a shot. (Pffft. Alcohol puns.)

Me, I'll deal with the taste of hard liquor to quickly excuse myself from the state of soberity, because I just wanna get fucked up asap.

If you can find a place to get a decent Bellini, I find they're quite nice! Peachy. If you like peaches.

Midori is also pretty neat. Works well when mixed.

And I find absinthe to be pretty enjoyable. But, that depends entirely on if you like anise or not.

• Like 1

Take shots and chase them with juice or soda or something.

Last night I had a couple shots of Wild Turkey Bourbon and chased it with apple/raspberry juice and it was pretty good. The flavors mixed well together. 

Also, to take a shot without setting your mouth on fire;

• inhale
  • take shot
  • exhale
  • chase
  • now you can inhale without dying

I don't particularly care for the taste of alcohol myself. 

Easy shit to make/get:

snowdrift vanilla porter

angry orchard w/ shot(s) of fireball whisky

orange juice + shot(s) of vodka (classic)

Ginger beer/ale (for better taste) + vodka

vanilla coke + shot(s) of not spiced rum

malibu rum + any tropical drink that might go well with coconut 

Jumex + vodka

Honestly anything fruity will lessen the taste of the alcohol and vodka leaves room to be creative.  

11 hours ago, Vae said:

@Kaizy If you do get Kahlua, here's a good thing to try, that I really like:
Kahlua + Pinnacle whipped + milk + just a little bit of chocolate syrup.

It's basically alcoholic choco milk,
and it's amazing.

That sounds pretty legit, I'll consider this one.

11 hours ago, Cingal said:

If you can find a place to get a decent Bellini, I find they're quite nice! Peachy. If you like peaches.

Midori is also pretty neat. Works well when mixed.

And I find absinthe to be pretty enjoyable. But, that depends entirely on if you like anise or not.

I like peach, though I'm not sure how to make a Bellini.

I've had Midori (I've got a bottle of it at my parents place I've been meaning to get back) but I was never sure what to mix it with.

5 hours ago, Brass said:

Easy shit to make/get:

snowdrift vanilla porter

angry orchard w/ shot(s) of fireball whisky

orange juice + shot(s) of vodka (classic)

Ginger beer/ale (for better taste) + vodka

vanilla coke + shot(s) of not spiced rum

malibu rum + any tropical drink that might go well with coconut 

Jumex + vodka

Honestly anything fruity will lessen the taste of the alcohol and vodka leaves room to be creative.  

I'm not sure what a Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is.

The Angry Orchard/Fireball combo was something I heard about sometime last year, it sounded kinda cool. I think that's on my list of things to try at some point.

I'm not partial to shots or chasing, it's not really my thing. I've done it quite a bit in the past and I've never really enjoyed it. My preference is to sit down with my drink and enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, Kaizy said:

That sounds pretty legit, I'll consider this one.

I like peach, though I'm not sure how to make a Bellini.

I've had Midori (I've got a bottle of it at my parents place I've been meaning to get back) but I was never sure what to mix it with.

I'm not sure what a Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is.

The Angry Orchard/Fireball combo was something I heard about sometime last year, it sounded kinda cool. I think that's on my list of things to try at some point.

I'm not partial to shots or chasing, it's not really my thing. I've done it quite a bit in the past and I've never really enjoyed it. My preference is to sit down with my drink and enjoy it.

No these are all mixed. The porter is a beer that doesn't taste like piss. A good intro beer for people who don't drink beer. 

4 minutes ago, Brass said:

No these are all mixed. The porter is a beer that doesn't taste like piss. A good intro beer for people who don't drink beer. 

Interesting, I've been looking for something like that actually. Is this like a brand of beer or a type of beer?

Don't get drunk it's a waste of money, you're just poisoning yourself to get a good feeling/get rid of current feelings. Like I've told you before you're worth a lot more than your making yourself out to be. If you don't remember me I'm the guy who told you that you are a worthy individual and you told me to get lost... hi again

Just now, Astus said:

Don't get drunk it's a waste of money, you're just poisoning yourself to get a good feeling/get rid of current feelings. Like I've told you before you're worth a lot more than your making yourself out to be. If you don't remember me I'm the guy who told you that you are a worthy individual and you told me to get lost... hi again

You're making it sound like I'm some kind of alcoholic. I rarely ever drink. Drinking once in a blue moon isn't gonna kill me.

1 minute ago, Kaizy said:

You're making it sound like I'm some kind of alcoholic. I rarely ever drink. Drinking once in a blue moon isn't gonna kill me.

It can cause you to make bad decisions, lose brain cells, and increase the chances that if you get a head injury that you'll get more severe neurological damage even if its just once and a while. Having a little isn't too big of a deal but getting hammered like you described is not a good thing.

25 minutes ago, Astus said:

Maybe you should get lost. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. 

26 minutes ago, Kaizy said:

Is this like a brand of beer or a type of beer?

A Porter is a type of beer, in this case Vanilla flavored. Porters don't have a piss taste (not one I can tell). Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a super cheap porter that's maybe like a 3/5 stars. You should be able to find it at the grocery around this time of year.  

20 minutes ago, Astus said:

It can cause you to make bad decisions, lose brain cells, and increase the chances that if you get a head injury that you'll get more severe neurological damage even if its just once and a while. Having a little isn't too big of a deal but getting hammered like you described is not a good thing.

MODS HE SAID SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE

@Zeke

Edited by Brass

Just now, Brass said:

Maybe you should get lost. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking alcohol.  

You want me to link you to instances where there are things wrong with it? Generally speaking getting buzzed is not all that bad when done in moderation. Binge drinking and over drinking can kill you and can cause serious health problems. You do the math, ethanol is toxic to humans, do you think its good for you?

14 minutes ago, Astus said:

You want me to link you to instances where there are things wrong with it? Generally speaking getting buzzed is not all that bad when done in moderation. Binge drinking and over drinking can kill you and can cause serious health problems. You do the math, ethanol is toxic to humans, do you think its good for you?

Breathing air is toxic to humans too. The number of free radicals and random carcinogens found in our environment is enough to give some people cancer. In many cases alcoholic drinks are good for you. Beers and Wines can provide probiotics and antioxidants. Vodka can help you absorb important nutrients. For every bad thing you can name I could also name a benefit. And many of those awful things are caused by prolonged binge drinking, which OP isn't liable to do because they don't even like the taste of Alcohol. No one here is talking about becoming an alcoholic so stop your fear mongering. 

Edited by Brass

46 minutes ago, Astus said:

What makes it toxic is if you are going to drink in excess EVERY day (which OP said he/she's not) and with heavy spirits that can cause literal damage to your organs (Cheap alcohol with a high abv percent, or hard liquors like rum or tequila nonstop). If you go out to a party and overdo it once, it isn't going to be the end of you (unless you drive home drunk which I highly frown upon). In moderation, four drinks between meals or socially isn't going to kill you. Wines that are high in tannins are more beneficial to you than cheap beers like Steel Reserve. 

If you have a problem with drinking, that's fine, but don't come here spitting rhetoric from Alcoholics Anonymous just because a person is going to drink something.

Just now, Brass said:

Breathing air is toxic to humans too. the number of free radicals and random carcinogens found in our environment is enough to give some people cancer. In many cases alcoholic drinks are good for you. Beers and Wines can provide probiotics and antioxidants. Vodka can help you absorb important nutrients. For every bad thing you can name I could also name a benefit. And many of those awful things are caused by prolonged bring drinking, which OP isn't liable to do because they don't even like the taste of Alcohol. No one here is talking about becoming an alcoholic so stop your fear mongering. 

As i said drinking in moderation is not too bad for you which is what you're talking about. The original poster had said that they wanted to get "blasted" which in my vocabulary means over drink. I am stating the clear facts that drinking a lot will cause adverse health effects, my intention is not to make people afraid to drink. rather enlighten them on the adverse affects of drinking too much. The antioxidants and probiotics you are talking about can be obtained in a nonalcoholic version of each drink; they are not exclusive to ones with alcohol in them.

The reason we have so many free radicals, carcinogens, and endocrine disruptors (like xenoestrogens) is mainly because of humans themselves and all of our manufacturing practices and is unavoidable as opposed to drinking ethanol which can be directly avoided.  

Just now, Brother Attallios said:

HOW COULD ONE ALLOW ONESELF TO IMBIBE SUCH POISONS? TO SUCCUMB TO TEMPTATION IS TO SUCCUMB TO THY VICES. TO SUCCUMB TO THY VICES, IS TO SUCCUMB TO SLAANESH.

HERESY.

What's heresy is that you've failed to pray to your bolter today. 

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Steel Reserve. 

That's a malt liquor you shit. Don't drink malt liquor.

1 minute ago, Astus said:

Here's your reply

3 minutes ago, Brass said:

What's heresy is that you've failed to pray to your bolter today.

YOU TRANSCEND YOUR BOUNDARIES WITH SUCH AN ACCUSATION, FOR I HAVE SPENT A SHORT TIME FRAME ABSENT FROM THIS COMMUNICATION DEVICE SERVICING MINE HOLY BOLTER AS REQUIRED. WATCH YOUR STEP AND YOUR LIPS, ENGINSEER BRASSICUS.

MY MESSAGE EXCHANGED WITH YOU, I SHALL RETURN TO THE TOPIC OF CONVERSATION AT HAND. I PERSONALLY ENJOY PURIFIED WATER. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE COOL WAVE OF SUCH FLUID TO DIVERT FROM THE HOT BREEZE OF THE VOLCANIC WASTES OF MANY A FORSAKEN WORLD.

Edited by Brother Attallios

2 minutes ago, Brother Attallios said:

YOU TRANSCEND YOUR BOUNDARIES WITH SUCH AN ACCUSATION, FOR I HAVE SPENT A SHORT TIME FRAME ABSENT FROM THIS COMMUNICATION DEVICE SERVICING MINE HOLY BOLTER AS REQUIRED. WATCH YOUR STEP AND YOUR LIPS, ENGINSEER BRASSICUS.

My appendages and communications systems are fully functional. Machine Spirits do not lie unless tainted by chaos. Report to the nearest adeptus or enginseer for servicing. 

1 minute ago, Astus said:

Thanks for proving my point. You didn't even address my argument you just said my reply was nothing.

You simply repeated your argument. 

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Not your Dad's root beer.

My roommate keeps talking about this. I might just buy some to try it.

12 minutes ago, Astus said:

I dunno man, you're getting overly worried over nothing. This sounds like the kind of speech I'd get in a DARE class.

3 hours ago, Vaer said:

@Kaizy how about some good Lambic? Or Mead?

Never heard of either of those.

If you want to get drunk but hate strong booze, go with a honey whiskey. That stuff goes down like candy and mixes with coke too if you want.

Otherwise, Crown Royal Maple is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING fantastic and easy to get hammered on. Also reminds me of candy.

Edit: Oh, a nice strawberry wine might work too. Those things are fucking delicious, but it takes a lot of wine to get me drunk so YMMV

Edited by Conker