No Man's Sky (Hype) Thread

Joshi

No Man's Sky. The most ambitious game in videogame history.

18 quintillion planets completly undiscovered and procedurally generated. And its beautiful.

Here's a video that explains the generation of the universe really good: https://youtube.com/watch/h-kifCYToAU

So, who's hyped for it? Who's just looking forward to it and who wont play it at all?

I'm definitly on the hype train :D

We dont have a release date yet but its very likely to be announced around October 3rd at the New Yorker's Game Show. More info at our forum here: Unconfirmed release date announcement (very likely)

Official website: http://nomanssky.com

Edited by Joshi

This looks fucking GREAT from what I've seen. I love space stuff and messing around in games that don't have any real objective too so I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out. 

Did you try Elite Dangerous yet? If not, then I badly recommend to get it. Its for sale on steam at the moment and the closest to No Mans Sky you can get atm and cool in general

Did you try Elite Dangerous yet? If not, then I badly recommend to get it. Its for sale on steam at the moment and the closest to No Mans Sky you can get atm and cool in general

I'll have a look at it, my laptop has an integrated graphics processor so it isn't very powerful and might not be able to run it. It can run some big games like Skyrim at 720p with the anti-aliasing off, but only because those have been out for a wee while and have been optimized really well by now. I guess I could always get a refund if it doesn't run well.

Still though thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely have a look at it because it does sound like it's right up my street. c:

• Like 1

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. I'm not much for space/sci-fi type games, but the idea is very interesting. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I did watch a gameplay explanation video of sorts that was pretty long, only maybe got through half though. It didn't really grab my attention, but the concept is so neat that I'm not going to completely ignore it just yet. I wish something like this could be done in a fantasy setting instead, which may just happen if this game goes well, as it could pave the way for other games like it or this team could make it. I would buy into that in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

I've been playing lots of Spore recently

It's like 2008's No Man's Sky except more people like it

Eh... do you remember Spore's launch?

The amount of hype and amount of disappointment and anger at the failure of the game to live up to it rivaled that of No Man's Sky, maybe even exceeding it.