I Gotta Stay Awake...Help

PastryOfApathy

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

Try some cawfee.

Coffee gives you the temporary boost you need to get up in the morning, but when you get that caffeine crash you'll be more tired than you were when you started.

And the pastry needs to keep rolling for hours yet

• Like 2

For the record, I was having problems feeling awake enough to do maths work today and I found a solution which worked for me and may for you

1) Start having a hot shower

2) Finish the shower by making it very cold and sticking your head under it for a generous rinse

3) Dry yourself off and throw on some fresh soft clothes

Now, stay the hell awake. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrDingo said:

For the record, I was having problems feeling awake enough to do maths work today and I found a solution which worked for me and may for you

1) Start having a hot shower

2) Finish the shower by making it very cold and sticking your head under it for a generous rinse

3) Dry yourself off and throw on some fresh soft clothes

Now, stay the hell awake. 

I've tried this and can confirm its effectiveness.

My seal of approval :)

I hated this shit and after years of sleep deprivation and misery I decided the only real solution was to sleep more. So I'd just try to sleep from 3pm til whenever you need to get up. This advice is prob meaningless now though since you were asking for help 8hrs ago.

9 hours ago, Saxon said:

...yeah, because I can't find anything which says that this happens. Maybe you're confusing it with the notion of a 'sugar crash' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_crash

Compared to the 'sugar crash', which yields a bunch of scientifically sourced descriptions, performing a search for 'caffeine crash' yields lots of online-magazines and spurious yahoo answer explanations. 

Since people often take their coffee with sugar...maybe they are actually experiencing a sugar crash, and attributing it to the caffeine. 

I've been telling people this for years. I did the research myself a long way-back time ago because I was wondering about the after-effects coffee had, if any. There are a lot of myths surrounding the beverage....

Edited by Eggdodger