Quick Question?

paroapockinroo

So, I'm new here and I'm obviously not meaning to go against the rules in any way by asking but (also idk if this is the right board for this but Its the closest I thought)

is there a specific reason roleplay isn't allowed on these forums? Other than obviously there isn't even a board for it. Maybe I'm asking if it was ever apart of this forum at some point to begin with? Or has that always been a rule here? If there was already a thread about this at some point and someone one wanted to direct me that'd be cool too.

Edit: Perhaps moreso what I meant was... why isn't even under 18 rating / SFW RP allowed?

Edited by paroapockinroo

4 minutes ago, Hewge said:

We can RP right here, bby. Mmmhyes murr :3

*licks paw*

Oh god.

9 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

As I understand it, it was tried before back on FAF and things got out of hand. It became a modding nightmare and was more trouble than it was worth. 

Tbh I figured it was something that was more to do with accessibility / organization than anything else. Seems to be so hard to find active places with decent roleplayers nowadays, especially with furries, and through forums (though I guess that's more optional), AND people who aren't all about yiffing with a bunch of strangers and whatnot xD 

I guess it's just my fault for asking for the impossible then lol.

Edited by paroapockinroo

I don't think anybody would stop you from using PMs for that sort of thing. Might not be the most convenient thing.

On the other hand, I don't see why we couldn't have a sub-forum dedicated to coordinating role-playing. No actual role-playing, but just a spot to advertise/find groups, sessions, and schedules for role-playing that is handled outside the forum through other means like Skype and such. Fear of some mob of anti-rpers using it to find and invade sessions could easily be handled by stipulating that thread authors require people to PM them for specific contact details or some such.

Edited by DrGravitas
Minor fixes
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clove Darkwave said:

You could advertise your Discord channel for roleplay here, but I'm being frank when I say we've had this discussion internally already and decided against it.

I would love to learn more about that conversation. I admit I am not too familiar with the problems of the past and I am curious why a coordination sub-forum wouldn't work. That said, I won't press further.

7 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

On the other hand, I don't see why we couldn't have a sub-forum dedicated to coordinating role-playing. No actual role-playing, but just a spot to advertise/find groups, sessions, and schedules for role-playing that is handled outside the forum through other means like Skype and such. Fear of some mob of anti-rpers using it to find and invade sessions could easily be handled by stipulating that thread authors require people to PM them for specific contact details or some such.

I don't see why we would need an entire sub devoted to this sort of thing, when a single thread would be adequate.

Just like "I'm interested in doing [description] roleplay. If you'd like to participate, you can contact me at [link / channel invite / skype name / etc]."
If extra worldbuilding info is desired, well... that's what blogs and linking to outside pages is for.

We don't need single threads for absolutely all of these.

• Like 1

I also think most people here aren't that into serious roleplay so we just don't have a use for it, but I also don't see why having a thread dedicated to that so long as people behave 

other than that, not sure how popular furry roleplay is on Dreamwidth but maybe try there too? 

• Like 1

This community does not contain die-hard RP enthusiasts, so we do not have one to speak of.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to setting up an RP forum with rules and such to give people another area to play around in provided it doesn't turn into a "comment simulator". 

EDIT: I should start a thread with a naming pole...because If I create it, it will most likely be named after Goldshire...and Goldshire's known for fetish RPs. 

EDIT EDIT: https://phoenix.corvidae.org/forum/26-the-lions-pride-inn/

• Like 1

I'm curious to see how many people on this site can actually run a decent forum based RP.

I may participate or run one if people here know what they're doing. Is it possible to include dropdowns in the thread title creation or is it better to just put things like ooc and ic in the thread title itself?