Phoenix Userstyles

Onnes

I've been working on a couple of these lately so I thought I'd make a general thread for forum userstyles. 

For those not familiar with these things, they are basically just local modifications to website graphical styles. 
The plugin Stylish lets you append additional CSS to specific domains, and all you have to do is type in your new style sheet under the plugin itself or paste in one that someone else has already made. The site userstyles.org acts as a searchable repository for such styles that people have chosen to make available.

With that brief introduction out of the way, here are the styles that have been contributed to date:
(Click through the names for full descriptions)

Vae 
Phoenix Ash

A clean black and white theme.

Onnes
Phoenix Signature Reducer
A small change to signatures that caps their max height and scales down images and text.

Phoenix Solarized-Dark
A fully dark color theme using the Solarized color palette.

Phoenix User Reducer
Shrinks the content of the user pane on the left side of comment threads.

• Like 5

[Phoenix Ash]

sxddd.PNG

A theme I made around the time of the forums' conception, and primarily use.
It's a very clean black and white, with a header change (which is easily customizable in the code), smaller text, and a header space pushdown (I don't like how squished the header is in the default layout).

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Vae said:

[Phoenix Ash]

sxddd.PNG

A theme I made around the time of the forums' conception, and primarily use.
It's a very clean black and white, with a header change (which is easily customizable in the code), smaller text, and a header space pushdown (I don't like how squished the header is in the default layout).

Mmmmmmmm, I like

Since I'm folding everything into the OP, I'll move my own stuff down thread for better use of space.

Phoenix Signature Reducer

AhE8wa4.png?3

A very simple change to signatures that caps their max height, cutting off anything that overflows. To better facilitate this, it also rescales images to a maximum height and fixes font size.

Phoenix Solarized-Dark

z6Vj5l9.png?2

A dark forum color theme using the Solarized color palette and meant to be used on top of the default board theme. This is still not quite entirely complete due to the sheer number of entries necessary to reskin this kind of forum with Stylish. I've made at some comments in the CSS on the various pieces involved in case that is useful to anyone else. Additionally, since the palette uses only a small number of distinct colors, the whole thing can be recolored easily by doing the replace-all of one's choice on each color used.

I'm still filling in further entries and trying to improve the comments on this one to highlight the relevant parts of forum style.

• Like 2

I split off something from the Solarized theme because it wasn't color related.

Phoenix User Reducer

gQe1ZBa.png?1

This is basically a start on shrinking interface elements I consider unnecessarily large, starting with the author column in threads. It shrinks text and margins, and it removes the pip marks and "Member" user rank (while keeping the colored Mod/Admin ranks visible.)

• 4 months later...
  • Guest unpinned this topic