Video game movies!

yell0wf0x

Ye guys remember that super Mario movie? Yeah. I'm sure ye did. 

Ye guys remember uwe bole? I'm sure ye also do. 

Video game movies have a really bad reputation in Hollywood.  

But hey. We're getting a lot of cool new stuff. There's Warcraft. There's ratchet and clank. 

And then there's this:

I think this looks good from the first trailer but it's still too early to see know if this would actually look good on the big screen. 

So what dya guys think of the new video game movies? Think Hollywood would ever perfect this genre like they do with some comic books and novel adaptations? I like to think that one day, there would be a movie based on a video game that would really give justice to the source material. 

From what I've been hearing about the Ratchet and Clank movie, it just makes more sense to play the game (which im doing right now) Warcraft is...I dunno...

This looks...promising. I HATE the music choice to this. Beginning lyrics are so cringy, just ugh. I hope they manage to juggle the complex story well

8 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

From what I've been hearing about the Ratchet and Clank movie, it just makes more sense to play the game (which im doing right now) Warcraft is...I dunno...

This looks...promising. I HATE the music choice to this. Beginning lyrics are so cringy, just ugh. I hope they manage to juggle the complex story well

I heard ratchet lacks the action in the movie that made the games great. It still isn't showing here so I'd have to wait to see for myself. But yeah. Definitely played the game. How couldn't I? xD kinda wish they put the whole movie into the game. 

Don't know much either about Warcraft, but my BF tells me the lore was kinda ruined/messed up. 

As for ass creed, they aren't taking a character from the game. Instead, they're making a brand new story within the ass creed universe. I think it's a good move considering that they have a lot of stuff to work with. A new character means that fans of the series wouldn't have much to compare to, creating a story that can stand by itself. It also makes sense since the newer games all have unnamed characters anyways. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the Ratchet and Crank movie. It didn't do too well unfortunately. I really hope this doesn't deter Sony from doing the Sly Cooper movie. I feel that movie can do better with the right marketing.

Warcraft doesn't appeal to me. Its basically another fantasy Lord of the Ring's type movie with 200% more CG.

Assassins Creed can be good. I've given up on the games since Black Flag. But all I will think is, 'why doesn't Magneto just kill everyone already?'.

I unironically enjoy the super mario bros movie, although having read the original script, I kind of wish they went with the really dark, political commentary theme that drew half of those actors in the first place. (A real pity the directors were a pair of douchenozzles ._.)

3 hours ago, LadyRadarEars said:

I unironically enjoy the super mario bros movie, although having read the original script, I kind of wish they went with the really dark, political commentary theme that drew half of those actors in the first place. (A real pity the directors were a pair of douchenozzles ._.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo is going to be releasing movies in a couple years. They said the first one won't be what we expect, but we'll know the character or something to that effect. Despite how bad Mario Bros was, I honestly think Nintendo can make some kickass movies if they really tried. As long as it's not Fire Emblem and damn sure not Pokemon (we got enough of those) I'd be pretty happy with anything they chose to make.

I've always loved the Sonic movie to death.

I have an immense love for how 90's Japanese animation looked. And the music is my favorite of any feature length production. I loved every piece of music here. And the goofy voice acting is wonderful. It's technically a poor dub, but man is it still rad. 

On 5/12/2016 at 6:03 PM, Victor-933 said:

I wish I could get a World in Conflict movie. The campaign is already modeled like one anyway and it's not like there's a lot of special new canon to fuck up; it's all real-world tech set in 1989.

I agree completely that World in Conflict's story would make a great movie. Ever since I played through the campaign, I have thought that the story seem a perfect fit for a gritty war movie, with its story and characters already stronger than previous "Cold War gone hot" movies.

Even the trailers seemed more like those for a serious war movie than a video game: