New Furry Emoticon On The Shroomery

Ricky

I got the below in a PM from one of the admins over at The Shroomery.

(quoted, since I can't seem to manipulate quotes through the UI or access a code view, ugh)

Now I'm not too into Furry Pride (TM) but I gotta admit that's pretty cool! Especially over there, it's quite a popular site. I'll meet random people all the time who happen to be on it, either having accounts themselves or just lurking. If you are wondering what he meant by the God and Voodoo ones, here they are (in that order):

god.gifvoodoo.gif

... it took me a little bit to figure out that's what he was referring to.

If anyone is registered over there I go by the name micro.

You inspired me to make a graemlin to encourage the furries among our membership, I chose the PhiPaw Pride symbol:

furry.gif

Its to prevent what originally happened with serious words like God and Voodoo, that a subculture word was taken and a graemlin posted that was insulting to that subculture.

So, enjoy, and if you know any furries here, flash the colors! asianofapproval.gif

18 hours ago, Strongbob said:

Does this mean we have officially graduated from schoolyard outcast punching bag to trendy schoolyard hippy?   

Haha, if you take it that way.. then sure!

I've just always done my own thing and told anyone who had a problem to go deal with it :V

It is a popular site though, and there are a good bunch of very smart people there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

Haha, if you take it that way.. then sure!

I've just always done my own thing and told anyone who had a problem to go deal with it :V

It is a popular site though, and there are a good bunch of very smart people there.

I just find it fascinating that we may be entering a time when announcing to someone that you are a furry doesn't crate the response of 'What's a furry?' followed by 'Ewwwww! :/'   It is a good time to be alive.    

7 minutes ago, Strongbob said:

I just find it fascinating that we may be entering a time when announcing to someone that you are a furry doesn't crate the response of 'What's a furry?' followed by 'Ewwwww! :/'   It is a good time to be alive.    

Eh, when I was in Jacksonville, FL with a friend at a house party in the ghetto I had my meerkat suit in the trunk. Since nobody there was a furry I thought it would be funny to go get it and sneak it on in a back room. I started running around in it just to surprise the shit out of everyone, since nobody was expecting that. Later on, I was drinking with some of the people there. One guy asked his girlfriend if she'd wear one and have sex with him. She said no and he got all pissed rofl2.gif

Moral of the story: sex isn't weird and people will judge things based on how you present them.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2016 at 10:00 PM, Battlechili said:

What is shroomery?

It started out as an interactive educational site promoting drug awareness and education, specifically for psychedelics. It's now a much larger community with many subforums and seems to have the best overall posting quality and information, and the administration is good about keeping things under control in a diplomatic way that still allows for freedom of expression.

FireShot Screen Capture #002 - 'Shroomery Message Board' - www_shroomery_org_forums.png

On 5/29/2016 at 10:06 PM, Falaffel said:

So, uh. 

How does furry into mushrooms? 

It isn't relevant aside from the fact that a handful of furs are registered there. Most of them seem to hide it though. I just figured if people here happened to be into psychedelia or were interested, or have an intellectual interest in something like Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Pharmacology (like I do) they might want to check it out. These days, I generally post there to talk about Scientific stuff these days, but there are a lot of other forums that can be fun too.