Erdogan is at it again! (Armenian genocide)

Käpt'n

Today our government made the decision to declare the slaughter of roughly 800.000 Armenians who were murdered by the Ottoman Empire in 1915 a genocide.

The government of Turkey was... Not pleased by this, to put it lightly. Their ambassador was called back from Berlin to Ankara and their dictator Erdogan has announced that he will announce consequences. Yes, he announced an announcement. My guess is that this will kill the deal between Europe and Turkey considering the Syrian refugees. Erdogan has been using them as a poker chip for a while now which, frankly, sickens me. How can you use people in a miserable situation to bargain like that?

Anyway, what really pisses me off is the position that Turkey tries to defend. They said that we should keep out of their history, that we have no legal right to declare anything to be a genocide and, get this, that Germany should focus on the Holocaust instead.

WOW. Just fucking wow. Seriously?
We Germans have taken a good look at our own history. We don't deny the evil that came from our country and how many people died. And we are trying our best to make it right and that it will never happen again!
And what is the Turkish government doing? They deny that their own genocide ever happened! Just like the neonazis who deny that the Holocaust ever happened. They want US to take responsibility for our history while they won't do it themselves.

It's a perfect example for what's wrong with the middle east. They are entirely incapable of taking responsibility for their actions. Their arrogance makes me sick! Blaming others, kicking human rights and turning into angry mobs over trivialities, that's what they excel at. And that's also why their countries are assbackwards shitholes. Why else would they all come to Europe? Besides spreading their dangerous fairy tale beliefs that is...

Jeez, this turned dark pretty quickly. Got carried away there because what he said really pissed me off :P

8 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

It's been about 1 century. 

Why are they declaring this now? 

It's an awkward topic to discuss. It's been put on hold for a long time. First no one really cared because Germany was a mess after WW I, then WW II happened and suddenly we had to deal with our own genocide. It's been requested by the Armenians and it happened in a "let's get it over with" sorta way. Talking about a genocide is kind of the political equivalent of telling your child that it's adopted. You just don't want to do it.

17 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

It's been about 1 century. 

Why are they declaring this now? 

I would assume people have been pushing for it for quite some time since the Turkey itself won't recognize it even happened 

anyway Erdogan sounds like a dick 

Unless Turkey is still being ruled by the guys who committed the genocide a century ago, I don't see why they should be so offended. No one is responsible for their ancestors. I don't blame the current populace of Germany for the Holocaust, because they didn't do it, nor do they hold the values the Nazis had. (Except for the few weird neonazis.) So no one with half a brain believes that the current populace of Turkey is going to start genociding more Armenians.  Why would they?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Unless Turkey is still being ruled by the guys who committed the genocide a century ago, I don't see why they should be so offended. No one is responsible for their ancestors. I don't blame the current populace of Germany for the Holocaust, because they didn't do it, nor do they hold the values the Nazis had. (Except for the few weird neonazis.) So no one with half a brain believes that the current populace of Turkey is going to start genociding more Armenians.  Why would they?

I think the issue is that they reeally don't want to pay reparations to armenia in any form, which I think is a thing that Armenia has been pushing for.

1 hour ago, LadyRadarEars said:

I think the issue is that they reeally don't want to pay reparations to armenia in any form, which I think is a thing that Armenia has been pushing for.

I dont think they should have to. Its too far in the past and we know the reparations wouldn't be used in anything regarding the genoicde.

I mean if that's the case where are the reparations for the War of 1812, or French  reparations to Rome for their ancestors contributing to its fall.

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I dont think they should have to. Its too far in the past and we know the reparations wouldn't be used in anything regarding the genoicde.

I mean if that's the case where are the reparations for the War of 1812, or French  reparations to Rome for their ancestors contributing to its fall.

Considering that they never got paid in the first place, and germany is in some places still paying them, it'd be really weird for them not to at least make token apology, acknowledgement, and some funds for a memorial or something.

3 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

That's the thing, no one is blaming Turkey for anything related to the genocide.
The problem is simply that they deny that it happened and at the same time they are very quick to mention that Germany itself has a genocide in its younger history.

"We didn't do anything! But look at what those Germans did!"

It's just as I said in the OP, they are simply not capable of taking responsibility. And in this case it's just an awkward responsibility for their ancestors.

• Like 1

I think Erdogan needs to go and make some kinda reparations. At least make him do community service, plant some pretty flowers and pick up litter. (while tethered to a ball and chain) Nothing too harsh, but a friendly gesture. And have Angie Merkel plant some attractive shrubs. 

13 minutes ago, Toboe said:

Pff, thats nothing. Here is the real joke (Captain: take your blood pressure meds before reading):

http://theturkishsun.com/turkish-newspaper-gunes-blames-germany-for-istanbul-terror-attack-19987/

Oh I've seen that already. Made me laugh pretty badly to be honest. This guy is a fucking joke. He is completely insane.

We have people with Turkish roots in our parliament, he wants to see blood tests from them. Many members of parliament are getting death threats from Turks living in Germany.

To be honest, this whole mess has taught me one thing: Fuck Turkey. Fuck that shithole. It has turned into one of those examples that prove that the middle east is entirely incapable of doing anything right.

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I could've taught you this lesson more than a decade ago. Turkey is country-non-grata on Camfrog. They come in and do nothing but harass women.

Of course they do. It's what men from the middle east do.