Rant: Ear Infection

FenrirDarkWolf

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Oh yeah ear infections suck. Last time I saw the doc he said he was surprised it didn't burst right there.

That'll teach me for swimming in a public pool. 

I didn't even get it from swimming

I got it from a new pair of headphones like fuck me

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Stop sticking things inside your ears, then :V

No...seriously, this is probably what the problem is. If not, it's allergies.

Get some debrox and nasal spray. I'd also invest in one of these to clean your ears. I used to regularly get excruciating ear infections due to a combination of allergies and using Q-tips incorrectly. Unblocking your ears with the waterpik and Debrox as well as keeping your sinuses clear will completely stop ear infections. If it's not an actual serious complication or something unique to you, I promise these will solve the problem.

But obviously go see your doctor before you take advice from a furry on the Internet.

2 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

No...seriously, this is probably what the problem is. If not, it's allergies.

Upper respiratory infections and allergies especially, can cause fluid buildup in the Eustachian tubes.

This is the biggest contributing factor making these infections more likely, but the pathogen still has to get into there somehow.

Children stick things in their ears all the time and have a high rate of ear infections, but also have smaller Eustachian tubes as well.

I'm pretty sure it's almost always a different bacterium that is responsible for a secondary infection like this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I mean, it may have been caused by getting skullfucked.

Ugh, skullfucking is so difficult through the ear. The only way I've figured out how is using power tools.

It's easier through the eye socket and if you start it off with a crowbar it makes a lot less noise :V

• Like 1