Rave/Rant...mostly Rant: Bethesda, fuck you

So a friend of mine sends me this video

I'm not gonna lie, this is some cool ass shit. But...

WHY WASN'T THIS THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION PIPBOY?!

Look at the product details...

This is what people wanted out of an actual Pipboy! But...

It doesn't work with the game... 0_e

Lemme get this straight...this Pipboy that acts as a blutooth to your phone...and your phone has the Pipboy app that works as a second screen towards the game, it won't work?!

That makes no fucking sense! So basically my Pipboy acts as a phone case (that I can barely fit my phone cause Bethesda are Apple dickriders) and works with the game but has useless knobs that don't actually work, while the deluxe one has working knobs, as a bluetooth to your phone but doesn't work with the game?

Why couldn't you have made one Pipboy that did it all and have it be the real collector's edition in the first place? It'd be the best video game collector's item EVER. You'd get so much fucking money.

Not only does that piss me off, but apparently the 3 DLC that were announced at E3 were the last ones? No China DLC or Enclave stuff or Capital Wasteland, Memory Den...none of that?!

I enjoy Fallout 4. Love the world, atmosphere, gameplay. Awesome game. I'm sure I'll love DOOM cause I loved that demo and plan to get it. Hell, maybe if the Skyrim Remaster is legit, I'll pick that up.

But besides all that, I couldn't be more disappointed in Bethesda

-Nerd Rage Over-

lioness.jpg

1 hour ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Show your discontent by not buying the product. Works every time.

I won't buy it...I can't buy it :v

31 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

I thought you would be raging at besthesdas blatant ripping off of mods and gimmicky cheap addons.

Cause I am

I kinda hate the settlement dlc taking more space than the story dlc but at the same time, I enjoy settlement building a lot.

As for the mods, I don't see much wrong making a mod official through dlc

Buuuut, speaking of mods -_-https://bethesda.net/#en/devnotes/creation-kit-1-5-4-update-ps4-mod-support-and-new-security-for-uploading

31 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

As for the mods, I don't see much wrong making a mod official through dlc

The problem is I don't believe the authors of Real Time Settler, Weapon Mod Kits, RobCo Certified (especially), enhanced companion commands, fallout wanderers edition or anything else besthesda has put in as a default feature in their game has been in any way financially compensated.

Take RobCo certified, from FO3 to FO4 TheTalkieToaster has worked his ass off on it.... and then besthesda walks up, pretty much jacks his idea and makes a stupid amount of money... he doesn't get shit for it.

It's just stupid, and all these settlement building things are already in mods, there is no reason for besthesda to make them dlc aside from a quick cash grab (which is fine if the mod creators are given credit and a portion of the profit).

It's just what has made fallout is the modding community, there is no reason to not give them some respect.

• Like 2

And here I thought this was gonna be a rant about the very affluent suburb north of DC, where there seems to be a Neiman Marcus and  Sak's 5th Avenue every other block, up Wisconsin Ave. 

That can get pretty tiresome, too. It's a good place to go, when you wanna feel poor, I suppose.

Bethesda, Maryland: A lint free community.

On 17/06/2016 at 0:41 AM, Johanna Waya said:

Take RobCo certified, from FO3 to FO4 TheTalkieToaster has worked his ass off on it.... and then besthesda walks up, pretty much jacks his idea and makes a stupid amount of money... he doesn't get shit for it.

I'll play devil's advocate: it's not legal in most countries to copyright overall ideas otherwise you'd soon end up with the situation where one company/individual owns the idea for the FPS, one owns the idea for the RTS, etc.

That being said, patent and copyright laws are a mess and all sorts of crap gets patented that shouldn't ;(