Anthropomorphic Synthesis: How Do Chemists Have This Much Free Fucking Time? :V

Ricky

This is a paper I found pretty interesting, but it makes me wonder just... WHY WHY WHY

Apparently scientists have found a way to make anthropomorphic people molecules, let's call them "nano people" such as nano kid, here:

nano_kid.png

They can even give them different heads:

nano_professionals.png

If you want, they can also dance for you:

nano_dance.png

Or self-assemble on a substrate like gold, in case you have to make a nano army of people molecules:

Ag_polymerization.png

WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF, NEXT? :D

edit: inb4nanofucking :v

• Like 1

6 hours ago, root said:

It's dated 2003 so I'd imagine that's been done already. If not, why not?!

Yeah it is pretty old and nothing in it was particularly new or even advanced for the time when it was written.

And you know why not, if they do that everyone will start complaining about the lack of accuracy around the genetailia :V

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Jayke said:

Why though? What point is there for something like this? Heck, I've probably wasted enough time as it is just reading the article.

According to them, it was so the standard layman can relate to the paper but I don't see how aside from "LOL, PEOPLE MOLECULES!" I don't think it is very productive, so yeah I agree x3

Maybe they were trying to go for the whole C60 buckeyball effect which won the Nobel prize? (and is much more practical as opposed to "LOL, PEOPLE MOLECULES." I mean, more recently that shape has even been discovered to form on its own, like the cesium ones at Fukushima. There will never be a practical use for nano people, aside from maybe putting on a nano puppet show.