12 HOURS OF THIS

This is a rite of passage for any Linux user. Fed up with the constant disappointment of the more mainstream distributions, you'll slowly go off the deep end. You'll read through the Arch wiki, even contemplate Gentoo like some mad prophet. Before you know it you'll have a depth of knowledge and understanding you never imagined! A distro customised to your specific wants and needs!

Or you can do what I did and install Windows 7.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

This is a rite of passage for any Linux user. Fed up with the constant disappointment of the more mainstream distributions, you'll slowly go off the deep end. You'll read through the Arch wiki, even contemplate Gentoo like some mad prophet. Before you know it you'll have a depth of knowledge and understanding you never imagined! A distro customised to your specific wants and needs!

Or you can do what I did and install Windows 7.

>installing Windows

11 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Yes because I like videogames.

If I need to do something I don't want to risk anyone knowing about, I just use a USB stick with a TAILS OS on it.

So the answer to secrecy is 6tails?

Also I am terrified at what you consider both so secret and so important that you have to do it and install a different operating system to do it.

7 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

So the answer to secrecy is 6tails?

Also I am terrified at what you consider both so secret and so important that you have to do it and install a different operating system to do it.

Use your imagination.

Spoiler: It's illegal, involves bitcoin and I don't actually do it because I'm poor and don't use 'em anyways.

Just go to a terminal prompt, and (sudo) fdisk which gets you into the disk formatting tool, hit the d key then enter for each partition until there are no partitions left. Then you can make a new set of partitions and then hit w to save, and then back in the terminal window use mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdbX for example.

Alternatively, if you are simply putting an image on there anyway, you could unmount it then run dd -if=myimage.iso of=/dev/sdbX

You should be able to get the device name from mount or lsusb, I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head.