Introduction

Duck

Hello,

I'm Duck, but I also go by 6PS on FA, and Megalemon on dA. I've been drawing since high school and been into tabletop games for about the same amount of time. I also like to wrestle, lift, and play the drums.

I'm 21, male, from California, and I'm in the navy, where I work on F-18's. I'm mostly here in the interest of getting into more games, though my schedule can be a little wonky due to work. Nice to meet you all.

• Like 2

You work on F18s?? Dude that's fucking awesome, it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound as exciting as piloting them (imho), it's still pretty badass

Ah, and welcome to the forums

2 hours ago, Amiir said:

You work on F18s?? Dude that's fucking awesome, it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound as exciting as piloting them (imho), it's still pretty badass

Ah, and welcome to the forums

Haha, you hit the nail on the head. It's not as exciting as piloting them, and that's always what people think when I mention jets. I don't fly around and kill terrorists, I just turn a wrench for an aircraft that breaks a lot lol.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Navy? I'm in the Air Force! Almost 8 years now. Welcome to the forums!

8 years, nice! So you must be an... E-5 by now? I just picked up E-4, but I've heard it's much harder for you guys to pick up rank than us. To be honest I couldn't do any more than 4 in the navy. I'm only halfway through my contract and I'm already so over the bullshit haha.

So what do you do in the AF? Are you a mech too?

6 minutes ago, Duck said:

8 years, nice! So you must be an... E-5 by now? I just picked up E-4, but I've heard it's much harder for you guys to pick up rank than us. To be honest I couldn't do any more than 4 in the navy. I'm only halfway through my contract and I'm already so over the bullshit haha.

So what do you do in the AF? Are you a mech too?

I'm still E-4. More rank, more problems. And yeah I'm a maintainer too. Electronic and environmental systems, which is not as fancy as it sounds. I've worked on the B-52, U-2, and shortly on the F-16. Currently I'm working at an AFREP, which is a navy program that repairs assets before they hit DRMO. It mostly involves repairing circuits boards and other electronics.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I'm still E-4. More rank, more problems. And yeah I'm a maintainer too. Electronic and environmental systems, which is not as fancy as it sounds. I've worked on the B-52, U-2, and shortly on the F-16. Currently I'm working at an AFREP, which is a navy program that repairs assets before they hit DRMO. It mostly involves repairing circuits boards and other electronics.

Sounds like you're doing AT/AE work. I know at least that your job's a bit more complicated than mine haha. I'm jealous you got to work on a variety of dope ass aircraft, 18's get boring FAST when you're around the same old jets every day. And they are old, I think they're like lot twenty-something. I know one of our jets is something like the 11th super hornet ever made? Our squadron has some kinda boner for fixing up old planes. I think they think it impresses Big Navy.

What aircraft they got you working on now, and do you like it?

12 minutes ago, Duck said:

Sounds like you're doing AT/AE work. I know at least that your job's a bit more complicated than mine haha. I'm jealous you got to work on a variety of dope ass aircraft, 18's get boring FAST when you're around the same old jets every day. And they are old, I think they're like lot twenty-something. I know one of our jets is something like the 11th super hornet ever made? Our squadron has some kinda boner for fixing up old planes. I think they think it impresses Big Navy.

What aircraft they got you working on now, and do you like it?

I'm in a backdrop repairing parts as a special duty. I'm not sure what I'll be doing after. Hopefully I won't transfer to F-35s.

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Hopefully I won't transfer to F-35s.

Now I'm no plane expert, faaaaaaar from it, but I heard the F-35s are very defective...? Don't know if that's true or not

On another note, I gave a look to your gallery, Duck, and you got some pretty nice drawings, they're cool

On 7/7/2016 at 8:10 AM, Amiir said:

Now I'm no plane expert, faaaaaaar from it, but I heard the F-35s are very defective...? Don't know if that's true or not

On another note, I gave a look to your gallery, Duck, and you got some pretty nice drawings, they're cool

I've heard the same. Apparently F-18 can outfly the F-35 and it's cost billions of dollars to produce. Now, it does have vertical takeoff like the Harrier, but so far it seems like it's just been a bust.

On 7/7/2016 at 10:53 AM, Kosha said:

Are you just a bigger version of Lemon

No, just more conceited.

• Like 1