I got a part time job!

Kinharia

Well it finally happened, this Derp got herself a job working in the kitchens at the local Hospital! Gonna have something to do for the next 3 weeks before I emigrate. I'm upset it took this long to get the place as my arrangements have all been made already but hey it's only some small part time work but it's something!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Kinharia said:

Well it finally happened, this Derp got herself a job working in the kitchens at the local Hospital! Gonna have something to do for the next 3 weeks before I emigrate. I'm upset it took this long to get the place as my arrangements have all been made already but hey it's only some small part time work but it's something!

Aw, that's great! Any job is better than not having one, I've found, and I look back to some of the work I did in kitchens rather fondly; I had some co-workers who managed to make it a lot of fun.

Where are you emigrating to?

Just now, Fossa-Boy said:

Aw, that's great! Any job is better than not having one, I've found, and I look back to some of the work I did in kitchens rather fondly; I had some co-workers who managed to make it a lot of fun.

Where are you emigrating to?

France to be with my boyfriend <3

• Like 2

On 14/08/2016 at 4:36 PM, Azure said:

Boy I remember the age when I didn't have to.worry about money and had a part time job. I think I was 8 or 9?

Good for you living in an area where there other jobs besides part-time.

As for today it went very well, I was assigned to work in the Maternity Ward and although scary it was helped by the fact that the person I was working with was very funny and the mothers were not rude at all.

1 hour ago, Kinharia said:

As for today it went very well, I was assigned to work in the Maternity Ward and although scary it was helped by the fact that the person I was working with was very funny and the mothers were not rude at all.

Glad it went well Kinny, here's to hoping all the time spent there is great!

4 hours ago, Kinharia said:

So you're telling me there are entire areas of a major country that have only part-time employment? I can see why you'd want to move. Just out of curiosity, why aren't there any full time jobs? Is it because you're in the boonies or what? It's difficult for me to imagine anywhere without at least some sort of employment that isn't utterly pointless for the employee trying to make ends meet. 

19 minutes ago, Azure said:

entire areas of a major country

xD I do not live in a major country xD

19 minutes ago, Azure said:

Just out of curiosity, why aren't there any full time jobs?

This is a shit place to live. Either get shit pay, shit hours and barely survive or emigrate. Even in Dublin and Belfast the two biggest cities there is no work, Ireland's biggest export is its people. For reference I live in the 3rd largest city on the Island and we are historically deprived.

44 minutes ago, Kinharia said:

This is a shit place to live. Either get shit pay, shit hours and barely survive or emigrate. Even in Dublin and Belfast the two biggest cities there is no work, Ireland's biggest export is its people. For reference I live in the 3rd largest city on the Island and we are historically deprived.

But the potatoes came back, didn't they?

(kidding, kidding)

One strange thing about Ireland and the US: If kids in the US learn any one fact about Ireland historically, it's that there was a huge potato famine and then everyone moved here, the end. Well, I suppose we learn a few other things about Ireland, but that always seems to be the main one.

On 8/15/2016 at 3:28 PM, Kinharia said:

I've been telling people Europe is shit for years. Glad to year it from the source :v

• Like 1