Rant: Messed up sleep schedule

Ansitru

So, university started again and the classes are great but goddamn are the early classes kicking my ass.

See, while during the summer vacation I could adjust to my 'natural' rhythm, classes at 8am and staying up until 4am don't exactly mix. And the fact that classes are until 19h with huge gaps between them is also far from ideal. If only we had comfy chairs to nap in, but alas. And to top it off our cafeteria was defunded so they closed up which means there's no coffee. 

Tl;dr: I'm whiny because I'm sleepy, there's no coffee and I have one hour left in a snoozefest of a class. Help. 

I know the feel. During the summer, I stayed up all night and slept during the day. I can't do that anymore now that school's back, and it's slowly killing me.

Yep! And it's not like I havent tried readjusting it, but at this point I think only moving abroad would help me readjust to a regular schedule. >_>

I fortunately don't have any obligations yet, but the fact I seem to sleep an average of 10-15 hours a day and still feel absolutely crushed is a bit worrying. It's not quite normal to sleep more than half a day away, and feel sedated when you wake up.

Ah, same problem here. Though apparently (I read this some time ago somewhere): the more you sleep, the sleepier you are and the more at risk you are for depression, or something like that? So I try to sleep less and drink coffee, butttttt... it's not working. :'D

Ah, same problem here. Though apparently (I read this some time ago somewhere): the more you sleep, the sleepier you are and the more at risk you are for depression, or something like that? So I try to sleep less and drink coffee, butttttt... it's not working. :'D

I already just got through a minor depressive episode. I don't need another one! If I don't start feeling better soon, I'll need to talk to a doctor. Might do so anyway. Use my tax money for something.

I know how you feel, I'm probably the most fucked in my life when it comes to sleeping. At one point i can not sleep much at all and stay up all the time - but when I do have to come and sleep, its literally hibernation for me. Coffee doesn't help much for me.

You're honestly better just getting used to it so it doesn't fuck up your grades. I'm kinda lucky this year and all my classes start about midday.