This totally does not sound like me at all.

#00Buck

Histrionic Personality Disorder is characterized by an extreme interest in drawing the attentions of others, favorable or unfavorable, to oneself.

HPD is estimated to affect up to 1% of the population.

People who suffer from HPD are sometimes accused of being a "drama queen" or "drama major". They are the people who grab the microphone, hog the limelight, always change the subject to themselves, behave outrageously, have tantrums and generally refuse to be ignored.

HPD is a serious condition that isolates those who surround the people who have the disorder.

A mnemonic that has sometimes been used to describe the criteria for histrionic personality disorder is “PRAISE ME”:

P - provocative (or seductive) behavior
R - relationships, considered more intimate than they are
A - attention, must be at center of
I - influenced easily
S - speech (style) - wants to impress, lacks detail
E - emotional liability, shallowness

M - make-up - physical appearance used to draw attention to self
E - exaggerated emotions - theatrical

However, people who suffer from HPD are often just as interested in attracting negative attention, including shock, anger, outrage, shame, guilt and remorse.

Pfft! Totally not me at all right!

Right?

You've made 9 threads in the first half of august. However, asking a bunch of people to diagnose you for something you may fear you genuinely have just contributes to anxiety, doesn't it?

Just now, Lemon said:

You've made 9 threads in the first half of august. However, asking a bunch of people to diagnose you for something you may fear you genuinely have just contributes to anxiety, doesn't it?

*shudders nervously and glances sideways*

There's nothing wrong with me...

*sniffles*

Don't touch me!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Gibby said:

Well I don't think so. I mean, you do make some real effort threads and it's not like you say you're leaving the forum forever and threatening to kill yourself, so I doubt that that's one of whatever problems you may have, so it's a bit of a silly question.

I'd be back 20 minutes later anyways... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Have you thought of seeing a psychiatrist?

I mean I started seeing a psychiatrist like 3 or 4 years ago and it was one of the best decisions of my life.

I'm already in a committed relationship. 

14 minutes ago, PurpleTail said:

Maybe you're just insecure or perhaps you can't live with yourself, so you need others to distract you from the real issues which you're afraid to face, because of insecurities.

You mean latent homosexuality? You don't face latent homosexuality. You turn your back on it and do a seductive little dance. 

12 minutes ago, Onnes said:

Productive google illness screenings begin and end with a search for "hypochondria".

Is that like the mighty mitochondria? I slept though that is biology class right before failing and being thrown out. Thanks for hashtag triggering me!

Sometimes I feel like everyone in the world is mentally ill an its like the norm to have mental problems and then some of us just have them to varying levels of extremes which make it hard to be productive in life so then at that point it actually gets classified as a mental problem.