RAVE: Being adored by someone who is perfect

Alexxx-Returns

It just struck me yesterday JUST how amazing my cat Dizzy is. I sometimes tend to think of her like a human, I put human characteristics into my description of her personality. Caring, kind, sweet, thoughtful, etc. Which is probably strange, but a lot of us are pet owners who love their pets and I'm sure there must be some people who will understand that completely. Basically I see Dizzy as a perfect individual. Even her "bad" qualities (when I say that I mean she hisses and growls when our other pets go near her) we see as more funny than bad.

I can't remember what it was she did yesterday that made me think about this, but she follows me everywhere, especially in the evenings. At night she'll get antsy because she wants ME to go to bed so she can sit with me. I know a lot of people don't believe that pets can love their owners (at least not in an entirely human way), but I definitely believe that they love us in their own way, whatever that is.

What I feel is that I'm totally blessed that she loves me so much. Like, if she was a person, she'd be so perfect, and probably wouldn't have any time for me. But she does. Even if it's just the fact that we ended up adopting her instead of any other family, but it's her, and she's so wonderful, and she's MY best friend, and I'm HERS. That just makes me feel so honoured. I can't believe someone like her would be so close to me.

Thanks for listening to my strange ramblings. I'm really crazy about my cat all the time sometimes.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I know a lot of people don't believe that pets can love their owners (at least not in an entirely human way), but I definitely believe that they love us in their own way, whatever that is.

As an owner of one very happy doggo, I can confirm this. She can sense when I am feeling down and always seeks to comfort me. She feels comfortable around me and always craves for attention, usually by begging scratches. 

And she is enthusiasts everytime we go out for a walk and one can visibly see she appreciates them. Yes, that is loving in their own primal way.