Rant: Trapped between four walls

Snagged

So...  Here it goes 

Lately, I've been extremely homebound. Not out of necessity or due illness, but simply because I have been lazy. Outside of school days, and especially during weekend or any vacation, I have been lying on the couch or bed, browsing Internet, watching movies or playing games. I occasionally draw but I still feel so incredibly unproductive. I want to do more but I don't know what. I am somewhat outgoing but I dread contacting people via cell phone so... I cannot bring myself of even suggesting calling my friends to spend time with me. I am lonely, between these four walls, like an animal stuck in long forgotten fall trap. Going outside feels like I am only walking around mindlessly or walking into a store for bare necessities. I am just 21 years old yet I feel my life has already stagnated in place and that I am not even useful to anyone. I feel that I just... Live. And only that. I need to be productive but I am not. 

It does not help that I am mostly living on fast food diet, have issues with money, have a history of depression and my PC just may have broken down forever. 

I feel so isolated. I want to get of the bed. I don't want to sit or lie still, I want to stand and do productive stuff and not be this passive fuck that I am right now

I am not sure if I phrased this correctly, my mind is messy and may be going totally insane at the moment but I still hope you can relate and give advice about how to end passiviness and proscrastination 

• Like 3

What helps when I feel that way is actually go outside not just to go outside but experience something new and have an adventure. I actually really like the outdoors and nature-ey areas. Make some time to explore. Maybe capture some of your environment; exercise, do parkour, photograph things you find interesting, write something about it, draw what you see.

Sometimes I just walk around a store or mall.

The best way I find to live is to not be jaded, find interest in weird, odd, small things. That blade of grass is in a weird shape, those lights are lined up just so, those ants are interesting to watch interact with one another. Small things that people will ignore that have sparks of flair to them, 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

I feel so isolated. I want to get of the bed. I don't want to sit or lie still, I want to stand and do productive stuff and not be this passive fuck that I am right now

I am not sure if I phrased this correctly, my mind is messy and may be going totally insane at the moment but I still hope you can relate and give advice about how to end passiviness and proscrastination 

I've been really feeling this lately. I don't know if it's abnormal or if everyone else experiences it yet easily overcomes it by simply "Get[ting] up off your lazy ass and do[ing] stuff." The advice I've been given by a friend and also a therapist basically boiled down to "If you want to do something, do it. If you don't feel like it, do it anyway." Do you also come up with excuses to put things off or not do them altogether? Like, not feeling there's any point to it, or that you're not good enough and afraid of failure, or you don't feel 100% energized so you'll wait for tomorrow, etc. I know it's a symptom of depression, but beats me as to how you stop it other than having enough of the willpower that everybody else seems to have.

• Like 1

Go outside and talk to the femalez. Tell them they have purdy hair and that they look good laying down. 

You will not be bored, my good bro.

If ur a gay due, go talk with a gay doo. Tell him he has pretty hair and looks good on his knees. He will be the friend. 

You could also light trashcans on fire or spit on cars under an overpass.

• Like 2

Just get up early, take a shower, and get dressed every morning, even if you're not doing anything that day. You'll begin feeling much better about yourself, and it'll help you gain a small feeling of productivity and accomplishment.

Also, what really helps me is going outside, visiting my state park, and running a trail. Running just gives me this huge sense of freedom and outpour of stress/pent-up energy. You don't even have to run that far, just go. Being in the sun and breathing the fresh air feels so good. You might even find yourself getting addicted to that feeling.

• Like 1