Paranoid Neighbor

Red Lion

Found out that one of my neighbors thinks the mailman is stalking her. Her justification "He always takes a little longer to leave my house than he does anyone else's on the street". How the hell does she know that? we live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac in the middle of the goddamn woods, we can't see shit past the trees, and the street goes on for a good half a mile beyond that. How the fuck can you know how long he takes to do a full round up and down the road? Even if it's true I really doubt it's a sign the mailman is stalking her. Heck I have trouble turning around down here, maybe he's just taking a minute to line up the mail truck before he tries to go up the street.

It gets better though, she theorizes that since this guy hasn't been delivering our mail that long he must have become a mailman just to stalk her. And of course she has complete proof because he once brought a small package right to the door and RANG THE DOORBELL. (He does this at my house too.The mail lady before him didn't ring the doorbell but she also brought packages to the door so I have no idea why she thinks this is abnormal)

But the other day she outsmarted him! She hid in the kitchen and let her mom go out and get the package! I asked her if she'd ever known the guy from before. She said "no, that's what makes it stalking." . GENIUS.  She also started sending her children to check the mail because...I don't even fucking know, the mailman is usually long gone by the time they get out there to check the mailbox, maybe she thinks he's lurking in the woods or something? Granted, if you think some guy is a creepy stalker why would you start sending your children out when you think he might be around?

That... sounds messy. I mean, it's obvious the mailman is not stalking her, so if she tries to confront him about it then things could take a turn for the worse.

I've noticed your neighbourhood seems to have its fair share of dickheads/weirdos, Red. Oh, to live in South US suburbia!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wax said:

That... sounds messy. I mean, it's obvious the mailman is not stalking her, so if she tries to confront him about it then things could take a turn for the worse.

I've noticed your neighbourhood seems to have its fair share of dickheads/weirdos, Red. Oh, to live in South US suburbia!

Yeah, ever since I've moved to the south east USA I've run into types of people I never imagined I'd meet. Comparing this town to my grandparents tiny village in Germany is surreal. 

Maybe there's just something about NC, they're like their own special flavor of "out there"

Actually SALISBURY is its own flavor of "out there" even compared to the rest of NC.

I'm honestly kind of disturbed that this isn't an isolated incident 

And the moral of the story is: NEVER BECOME A MAILMAN

Srsly, wtf. 

On a related note I'm still processing that my neighbor thinks it's stalking specifically because she doesn't know him.

@Rhíulchabán I can kinda see her as that type. She's made claims that some of her ex boyfriends are obsessed with her.

4 hours ago, Sylver said:

In a book I read recently -forgot the title- the author described a case where a very unhappy woman slipped into an imaginary shortly after her husband left her. In her imaginary world she had two children, a husband who cared for her, a nice house, and everything she wanted. The author was trying to show what happens in some people when their emotional needs aren't met, among other things.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there as food for though or something

That explains Second Life so much.

People like your neighbor are why I refuse to work around people. Especially crazy-ass, middle-class females. They're a bunch of walnuts. Crazy walnuts.

I wonder how long it'll take before she accuses the mailman of raping her by daring to make eye contact with her or some shit.

I legit feel bad for your mailman. That narcissistic bitch can get him into a lot of trouble just for doing his job. I feel even worse knowing that a paranoid woman-child is raising children. Doesn't seem like the type that raises normal, well adjusted kids.

She also sounds like a loser if she's a parent and still lives with her own parents. I bet she's a single mom. I bet her parents are real proud to have their loose daughter and her kids living with them. Tell your neighbor that Hux thinks she's a loser and that she should kill herself so her kids might get sent to a home that isn't ran by a nutcase.

I bet your neighbor is some aging shrew, too. Probably has low self-esteem and is desperate for attention.

I'm so angry right now I shit my pants.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hux said:

People like your neighbor are why I refuse to work around people. Especially crazy-ass, middle-class females. They're a bunch of walnuts. Crazy walnuts.

I wonder how long it'll take before she accuses the mailman of raping her by daring to make eye contact with her or some shit.

I legit feel bad for your mailman. That narcissistic bitch can get him into a lot of trouble just for doing his job. I feel even worse knowing that a paranoid woman-child is raising children. Doesn't seem like the type that raises normal, well adjusted kids.

She also sounds like a loser if she's a parent and still lives with her own parents. I bet she's a single mom. I bet her parents are real proud to have their loose daughter and her kids living with them. Tell your neighbor that Hux thinks she's a loser and that she should kill herself so her kids might get sent to a home that isn't ran by a nutcase.

I bet your neighbor is some aging shrew, too. Probably has low self-esteem and is desperate for attention.

I'm so angry right now I shit my pants.

This one in particular is a mess she had 3 kids before she hit 20  All three of her kids have different dads, all of whom ended up either arrested or with restraining orders against them. She and I once got into a heated pro-life/pro-choice argument where she was adamantly pro-life but then one of her boyfriends made her mad and she got an abortion so she could rub it in his face. She's moved in and out of her parents house. P much after every nasty breakup she's back there with her kids. Half the time the kids are with their grandparents and she's nowhere to be found. 

15 hours ago, Red Lion said:

This one in particular is a mess she had 3 kids before she hit 20  All three of her kids have different dads, all of whom ended up either arrested or with restraining orders against them. She and I once got into a heated pro-life/pro-choice argument where she was adamantly pro-life but then one of her boyfriends made her mad and she got an abortion so she could rub it in his face. She's moved in and out of her parents house. P much after every nasty breakup she's back there with her kids. Half the time the kids are with their grandparents and she's nowhere to be found. 

Jesus Christ.

I never thought I'd unironically use the word degenerate, but degenerates like like your neighbor make me wish for a nuclear holocaust.

I'm sorry that you live near that ape.

We should pay people like her to get sterilized. We just can't openly call it eugenics. We'll try to make it some bullshit feminist issue and frame it as liberating for all the low quality females to have themselves sterilized in exchange for money. We'll tell the degenerate guys to cut their balls off because their sexual integrity threatens females simply by existing, therefore they should be moral and good people and castrate themselves. Then we send them to the mines.

Our population problems would be solved. Everybody I don't like will not breed and I will clone myself and raise an army of slave soldiers. Yeah. I'll raise an army of fanatical clones that will worship me as their patriarchal man-god. 

We will take the fight to ISIS and we will win.

MARK. MY. WORDS.

• Like 1