Mainstream comics thread

Taralack

I don't really know of any/many comics I'd like to read.

I hate superheroes, I'm afraid. Unless Judge Dredd counts as a superhero, in that case superheroes are the shit.

Any suggestions? Off the top of my head, I know I want to start reading those old COMMANDO comics from wartime britain. Oh and Tank Girl.

Edited by Sir Gibby

Know any good ones? They all seem so "dark and edgy" of late. 

How do you mean?

I don't really know of any/many comics I'd like to read.

I hate superheroes, I'm afraid. Unless Judge Dredd counts as a superhero, in that case superheroes are the shit.

Any suggestions? Off the top of my head, I know I want to start reading those old COMMANDO comics from wartime britain. Oh and Tank Girl.

If you're not into the big 2, Image, Dark Horse, and IDW put out some great creator owned stuff. Since you like Dredd, check out Hellboy, Planetary, Sex Criminals, and Astro City.

Edited by Taralack

How do you mean?

If you're not into the big 2, Image, Dark Horse, and IDW put out some great creator owned stuff. Since you like Dredd, check out Hellboy, Planetary, Sex Criminals, and Astro City.

dc and marvel are just kinda try hard from what I've recently seen. (Especially dc. Although, I've heard Batmans Court of Owls was decent) Lots of death and dark story lines, little character development. 

dc and marvel are just kinda try hard from what I've recently seen. (Especially dc. Although, I've heard Batmans Court of Owls was decent) Lots of death and dark story lines, little character development. 

Hrm I haven't really found that, tbh. I'm currently following Secret Wars and some of the associated side stories, and they're all pretty good, most of them short to boot (in fact 3 of them just ended in the last two weeks) I have no idea what Marvel plans to do after it though. Although I agree, Marvel and DC have no idea what they're doing lol. I enjoyed their mid 2000s to 2010s comics better than their current offerings.