Mega Maker

Tsuujou

This dropped a little while back. I'm having a lot of fun with it!

It's highly fluid and extremely intuitive. It's a bit limited right now, but what it offers is very nice and enough for a huge variety of levels. The online functions are very clean and fast with few hitches and in general it looks as good and crisp as any premium Mega Man fan game like Mega Man Unlimited.

I have a level done already if anyone wants to try it. The ID is 90370, Aeroplex Junction.

(And before anyone says it, Capcom is not Nintendo. I don't expect a DMCA on this ever since they're very receptive of fan content for Mega Man going so far as to publish a fan game at one point)

• Like 3

Hmm... looks pretty dope. Remember seeings a WIP Mega Man Maker floating around a while back... not sure if this is the same one though. I do remember dabbling with the level creator in Mega Man: Powered Up and just sitting there wishing they had a NES-style one I could play with lol.

Honestly, considering how cheap/lazy Capcom were with Mega Man 9 and 10, I'd say they're more likely to USE this that send a cease and desist xD

22 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

I should give Megaman another try...I've only played the first...

On DOS.

I still have the disk, though, and it even still works.

Wait... you can't mean... this version?
Oh, my heart aches for you...

Megaman_PC_Robot_Masters.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cham said:

Kaizo Mega Man? What is that?

"Kaizo" tends to refer to infamously hard and unfair levels that were made in like romhacks and stuff. I think the originals came from Super Mario World?

The term originally referred to "Kaizo traps", which were level setups that would kill you after you passed the end-of-level marker, if you didn't set up a very specific sequence of events beforehand to stop that from happening.
Like placing lava or a pit after the goalpost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cham said:

Kaizo Mega Man? What is that?

Basically how to make bad levels that aren't worth playing. They usually are just trial and error that require a perfect, singular string of rigid button inputs that don't test your skill, but rather your patience in dealing with tedium and monotony. The people who make them usually think they're being funny and original "HAHA LOOK HOW SADISTIC MY LEVEL IS! xD xD" and are trying to just get their shitty level featured on DashieGames, PewDiePie, Markiplier, or some other garbage Let's Play channel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

I don't even like MM9 and I still find this incredibly asinine.

vlcsnap-2014-07-05-12h02m23s84.png

They were regressive as all fuck and easy as shit because of it when Mega Man's not really difficult to begin with. But I don't think lazy is the term for it, yeah... 
"Let's go back to aged as shit Mega Man 2 because nostalgia." 

I think 10 was a lot better having replayed both recently. 9 is just...sterile as fuck.

On 8/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, Tsuujou said:

They were regressive as all fuck and easy as shit because of it when Mega Man's not really difficult to begin with. But I don't think lazy is the term for it, yeah... 
"Let's go back to aged as shit Mega Man 2 because nostalgia." 

I think 10 was a lot better having replayed both recently. 9 is just...sterile as fuck.

MM9 had weird fetish for minibosses and both Tornado Man's and Jewel Man's were kinda awful. But aside from that, The game is kinda bland(?) 10 was much better as a game tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperial Impact said:

MM9 had weird fetish for minibosses and both Tornado Man's and Jewel Man's were kinda awful. But aside from that, The game is kinda bland(?) 10 was much better as a game tho.

Yeah, that was another concern. I like minibosses and wish they were in Mega Maker, but 9 had the tendency to treat them like...stage hazards. Concrete Man had like three of those elephants back to back. I did personally think the pendulum thing in Jewel Man's stage was interesting though. I liked that a lot.

And the blandness is just another thing that made it feel like Mega Man 2. Both games were very sparse in how they varied up their levels. Lots of tedious empty stretches or an over use of a single hazard in a single segment. It just made things monotonous. However Mega Man 2 came out in 1988. Mega Man 9 came out exactly 20 years later. :l
Then sliding, Rush forms, and charge shot was removed because """purity""" as if the old games didn't design their levels to seamlessly incorporate all of those things and make much deeper games. Granted, without those things, Mega Man 10 still kept things interesting at least. I liked Nitro and Sheep Man's stages a lot.

18 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

I don't even like MM9 and I still find this incredibly asinine.

vlcsnap-2014-07-05-12h02m23s84.png

They created two low-budget games which re-used numerous assets, whilst cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Online (A.K.A "the games that would have required time and money"). They haven't thrown anything resembling a decent budget at a Mega Man game in ages and the closest Mega Man 9/10 game to "creativity" was adding Proto Man and Bass as playable characters. I fail to see what wasn't cheap or lazy about that... faux-retro games aren't creative when they're done the way Capcom did those Mega Man games, they're just a cash-in.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:25 AM, Cham said:

They created two low-budget games which re-used numerous assets, whilst cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Online (A.K.A "the games that would have required time and money"). They haven't thrown anything resembling a decent budget at a Mega Man game in ages and the closest Mega Man 9/10 game to "creativity" was adding Proto Man and Bass as playable characters. I fail to see what wasn't cheap or lazy about that... faux-retro games aren't creative when they're done the way Capcom did those Mega Man games, they're just a cash-in.

Capcom flat out said Mega Man 9 and 10 were expensive as hell in a interview and I don't remember any reused assets. MML3 was never green lited and MMO was Korea's doing.

On 21/08/2017 at 5:56 PM, Imperial Impact said:

Capcom flat out said Mega Man 9 and 10 were expensive as hell in a interview and I don't remember any reused assets. MML3 was never green lited and MMO was Korea's doing.

I mean, for starters it literally reuses the Mega Man sprite so if you didn't notice that I honestly don't know how to help you...
Mega Man Legends was officially cancelled on July 18, 2011. They didn't cancel a game they were never working on, that would be stupid.