Rant: Carrying

Lucyfish

Oh my fucking god I haven't even been working at this Wal-Mart for a year and I'm already carrying the entire 3rd shift on my back as an underpaid manager. What the fuck lmao

I keep hearing stories from all sorts of higher managers where they were like "Oh yeah I worked as a stocker for about 3 years and then I went to service manager and blah blah" and I'm down here like "I got to this position in 7 months so am I good or are you bad?"

I'm honestly confused about my own work ethic now. I legitimately don't know if I'm a "good worker" or if my expectations of the average working class American are just skewed. I can into the place as a timid little trans girl and now I'm the known workhorse who's gotta do all the work because everyone else is either A. old or B. a lazy twat. 

Like, if I get another job, I feel like I should sandbag myself so as not to spoil the motherfuckers I work with.

Good god I'm sucking my own dick hard but seriously guys fuck being the workhorse it sucks MY BACK HURTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

also I don't get paid enough for the shit I do :3c

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Delegate more work to the old and lazy twats.

Every time I do that they sandbag me and I get in trouble. I've told upper management multiple times what I need is new workers but NOPE. They think I can magically bullwhip these fucks into shape. I do not have the power to hire, fire, or change pay. I have literally no power over these people other than "I'm gonna tell on youuuuu." 

6 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Every time I do that they sandbag me and I get in trouble. I've told upper management multiple times what I need is new workers but NOPE. They think I can magically bullwhip these fucks into shape. I do not have the power to hire, fire, or change pay. I have literally no power over these people other than "I'm gonna tell on youuuuu." 

It's all in the way that you present yourself to them. Observe:

13 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

If only real life were fallout

If Fallout were realistic all the people would be dead and none of the equipment would work.

14 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

dont get any funny ideas kim

The NK leadership huff and puff their chests out a lot but they know that if they actually do something they'll be flattened into pancakes.

5 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

If only real life were fallout

dont get any funny ideas kim

I sometimes wish things were like the X Universe, where you can just fly up to any factory, with zero credentials (and probably even a bounty on your head), and they won't give a shit; they'll still load your space minivan with 100 spacetons of processed spacebear asses for you to go on a cross-galactic spaceroad trip hunting for a good business opportunity to sell them for profit.

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

I sometimes wish things were like the X Universe, where you can just fly up to any factory, with zero credentials (and probably even a bounty on your head), and they won't give a shit; they'll still load your space minivan with 100 spacetons of processed spacebear asses for you to go on a cross-galactic spaceroad trip hunting for a good business opportunity to sell them for profit.

This but I want to be a spacebear ass-pirate and plunder your stash of spacebear asses and then fuck your wife and leave you destitute

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

This but I want to be a spacebear ass-pirate and plunder your stash of spacebear asses and then fuck your wife and leave you destitute

That's the great thing about X, you can be a pirate, and make a good living raiding ships, stealing the cargo or the ships themselves (and even selling the pilots into slavery). No sex though -- or at least, not any that's mentioned.

lol thread derailed

Friend of mine worked at a Big Lots doing the same thing. Same problems. You have one guy in charge that gives a shit and no one else, but corporate won't let him have any control, so if he gets mad and tries to fix things, he gets in trouble.

He eventually quit and worked at a local delivery service for a bit before joining the military.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting demoted now not because I suck but because Walmart doesn't want night shift anymore so I'm being moved to days where there are too many managers. Don't even get a set shift, I'm coming in at random shifts varying from 4 AM to 3 PM because I'm "too useful."

lmao fuck my adorable shark ass.