Victor-933

Favorite Cutscenes

Your favorite cutscenes, prerendered or otherwise, from video games.

Homeworld: Cataclysm (aka Homeworld: Emergence on GOG) had some amazing cutscenes, both the black and white animatics and the ingame ones. The voice acting, the writing, everything. Still sends chills down my spine.

CUT US LOOSE!!

I tend to like game intros (and endings) a lot if that counts. I skip cutscenes too much to pick one out that's mid game.

I like the Feisar evolution in this one and the music is killer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

The kind of magical blend of 90s edgelordery and back-of-my-ass-quality animation that warms my heart

• Like 1

(for this one, its from 0:08-4:08):

Final Fantasy XII's voice acting alone did it wonders, but the opening really set the tone for the war drama that the game was. The Judge Bergan cutscene is just a really good show of the game's voice acting especially.

As for Solatorobo, this cutscene plays just before you get to the final boss. The massive scale of the cutscene, the music, the sheer number of airships involved, the re-display of the full character portraits....It was such a wonderfully animu cutscene that few games could compete with it.

I always loved the backstory of the Battlezone games -- that the Cold War and Space Race were just a public cover for an actual secret war amongst the stars, using highly advanced technology of alien origin...