New Themes

Vae

Welcome to 2018, Phoenixed.
We have two new themes for you to kick off the new year.

•  Phoenixed Ash: A light, neutral white and black theme. No more theme colors clashing with media posts.

pnix111.thumb.PNG.4ae5f8ca56cb09ba6084a95ab9752555.PNG

• Pitch Black: A dark, neutral black and gray theme. Something that's been highly requested. Good for avoiding burning out your retinas at 2 in the morning.

pnix112.thumb.PNG.4397974a06a2784ca8301d0a11ba631a.PNG

Additional changes:

• All themes: Avatars and images in posts have no borders now, and respect transparency. No more ugly perimeters around transparent art.
  • Midnight Blue: Previously named "Phoenixed Midnight." Colors have been fixed, so the theme is no longer completely unusable.

A lot of my customizations required manual fixing with CSS. IVPB's basic editor is extremely limited.
Because of this, there's a very big chance that I missed a spot or two.

If you see anything that needs my attention (like visibility problems for text), please screenshot it, take note of exactly where it is and what it applies to, and either PM me about it or mention me in this thread with the problem.

Themes, as always, can be accessed from the menu at the bottom of the page:

3etttt.PNG.63ff4fe57ec182ed14aba5fcb01ee7e8.PNG

Ideas and suggestions for existing or new themes are welcome in the thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pitch Black is nice color wise, but it reverts this forum from being built for desktop PCs to being built for phones. The sides of the screen aren't utilized at all on it. 

Is it not possible for Pitch Black to function like the Phoenixed Red default in terms of length across screen?

On 1/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, Battlechili said:

Pitch Black is nice color wise, but it reverts this forum from being built for desktop PCs to being built for phones. The sides of the screen aren't utilized at all on it. 

Is it not possible for Pitch Black to function like the Phoenixed Red default in terms of length across screen?

It should be built the same way as the other desktop themes. On my end, and even in the example screenshot I posted, it has the right sidebar.

If it's single-column, it's probably your browser.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, Vae said:

It should be built the same way as the other desktop themes. On my end, and even in the example screenshot I posted, it has the right sidebar.

If it's single-column, it's probably your browser.

I don't mean the sidebar is missing. I mean that everything is centered in the dark theme.

To explain, this is what the default looks like for me:

5a5ff79db5033_themewhite.thumb.png.deaf10882040f0431c1ed79443008303.png

While this is the dark theme:

5a5ff79f37c27_themeblack.thumb.png.b57dece3fbe9d3de4a28f0960938502e.png

Notice how the dark theme is centered. On the main page the sidebar is still there, its just farther inward with the left and right sides of the screen being as you see them here. This isn't just Chrome either; it happens when I try and use Firefox as well as IE, so I don't think its a browser issue. I just personally hate it when the whole screen isn't being used. I've always stuck with the default because it actually uses up the entire screen instead of creating pointless space. The dark theme looks great! Its just this that I can't stand.

For the record the only other one that uses up the whole screen like Phoenix Red is Midnight Blue.  Everything else is centered like the new dark theme.

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

[txt]

I mean, I could look into the code, but as far as the theme works on my end, it uses all of the screen real estate.

2cc25dad89fd27ee586d0e9fa84fba77.thumb.png.a3ee591854baca686c62d35215f4193f.png

That's the entire width of my screen.

It also adapts based on how wide I keep the browser, so I know it's not a fixed, absolute width.