Super Smash Bros.

SirRob

After being bored out of my mind from playing CPUs and attempting several times to join a tournament (that mode is a ghost town, there were maybe like 5 players present between all the available tournaments) I go into For Glory for the first time in ages, and of course the first match I lose horribly to a Captain Falcon.

GG Rob. 

(Git gud)

You are such a trash talker! If you were a random For Glory player I would be very salty. Good games to you too.

Also I liked your custom stage, we should play on custom stages more. And use Miis and custom movesets. Because there is all that content in the game and it's a total waste to just play 1v1 3 stock!

Edited by SirRob

After being bored out of my mind from playing CPUs and attempting several times to join a tournament (that mode is a ghost town, there were maybe like 5 players present between all the available tournaments) I go into For Glory for the first time in ages, and of course the first match I lose horribly to a Captain Falcon.

I got into a tournament just fine the other day. Might just have been your area or something? I dunno. It was fun, even if they have 4-way smashes in what they call their tournament mode. (Not that I mind 4-way smash; it just doesn't feel very competitive)

Good games! I know you got disconnected, but I think that's a good place to leave it at. Thanks for playing with me!

Edit - It might have been me, the game was kinda freezing up a bit when I backed out of the online mode. : S

Edited by SirRob

I got it after game slowdown too so maybe Nintedo can't hold it down tonight.

That went about as well as I thought it would, in both respects. I still had fun. Hopefully I can get the internet issues mitigated in a few weeks. Now I need to find a more reliable way to get some good irl practice in. It's hard when all of my friends have kinda given up Smash already. >_>

Playing locally definitely helps. Or so I've heard!

I mean the lag is on both sides, so... it sort of cancels out! (Of course, if this was For Glory I'd be angry as heck)

Edit: I saw on GameFAQs that other people are having connection issues, so you'd be right. On the same day the ballot ends... coincidence? I THINK NOT!!! DUN DUN!!!! GET READY FOR ZERO SUIT TOON BABY WARIO

Edited by SirRob

Interesting tech that I'm going to regret sharing. Robs gyros will launch you in the direction -Rob- was originally facing when he last let go of it. This allows for really gross kill setups since it includes when Rob throws the gyro up...or DOWN (and Z drops). So Rob, SirRob, be wary of that next time we play. If you didn't know.

The angle where you (the opponent) connect with the gyro doesn't matter?

Nope. But you can SDI at certain percents, but with the common gyro setups, it's usually not happening unless you're at a much higher kill percent range or I'm at mid-high rage. SDI only really matters if I hit you in the air and you have a lot more space to move which isn't what I'm going for unless I set up a clean gyro -> spike towards the ledge (not a ledge trump, mind you). But even then, I'd have to miss the Dair altogether somehow for you to have any window of escape.

On the ground, the idea is to set up an up smash if you miss a tech or tech chase and punish a roll with an upsmash.

Rob's best set up is when you are recovering from the ledge. If you are at kill percent range you may want to mix up recoveries and not grab the ledge. Assuming I don't over/undershoot the chase, if you hit the gyro recovering from the ledge, it is a -guaranteed- up smash and you can even get a slight charge on it..

Edited by XoPachi

I can't for the life of me dodge properly. I see people evading really quickly but when I do it it's like there always is this 1 sec delay before the character actually does the dodging. It feels clunky and I end up playing better without it.

Dodging often isn't the best maneuver to avoid attacks, anyways. It can be very predictable if you do it too frequently. You want to position yourself so that dodging isn't your only option out of being hit.

Edited by Eggdodger

Big House 5 top 8 was a pretty interesting set of matches. Seeing ZeRo get sent to losers bracket for I think the first time since Smash 4′s release only to steam roll everybody on his way to Nairo in the grand finals was different.

Good matches but Nairo threw that tourney in GF honestly. If anyone should be disappointed with any player, it should be him. Big respect to his skill, but ZeRo was at a major deficit having to win two sets while Nairo only needed one. But Nairo decides to sandbag and treat it like friendlies by picking MetaKnight and fucking ROBIN against ZeRo. Like why? That first set was a clean 3-0 for ZeRo because of that. :l

• Like 1

Big House 5 top 8 was a pretty interesting set of matches. Seeing ZeRo get sent to losers bracket for I think the first time since Smash 4′s release only to steam roll everybody on his way to Nairo in the grand finals was different.

Good matches but Nairo threw that tourney in GF honestly. If anyone should be disappointed with any player, it should be him. Big respect to his skill, but ZeRo was at a major deficit having to win two sets while Nairo only needed one. But Nairo decides to sandbag and treat it like friendlies by picking MetaKnight and fucking ROBIN against ZeRo. Like why? That first set was a clean 3-0 for ZeRo because of that. :l

Major disrespect. ZeRo deserves better than that