Rave: My Friends

MuttButt

I feel like such a lucky pup for having such wonderful friends, both in person and online. Speaking of which, shoutouts to everybody in the fuzzbucket  <3

I recently had a little get together with some friends. One of whom, the host of the party was feeling pretty down on himself by the end of the night. We were pretty drunk, and he opened up about his self-confidence and self-image problems because of a variety of physical issues he had as a kid and an adolescent. I won't go into detail about that here, all you need to know is that he is a very handsome guy and a total sweetheart, all of his insecurities are completely unfounded. There were only three of us awake including him and I at this point, so we had a very long talk that basically involved the two of us convincing him that he really is an amazing person, and any girl would be lucky to have him. 

At some point during the talk I confessed to the both of them that I was furry, and the reaction could not have been better. I expected it to get really awkward, but instead my buddies praised me for being honest enough with myself to admit something like that. I showed 'em my fursona and they agreed it was a spot on representation of me too. I know it's silly to "come out" to people as a furry but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a huge load off my chest. I feel like I can finally 100% be myself around my friends. I was always open with them, but there was always that little shell around that part of my personality, and now it's finally gone. Now that I look back, I almost feel silly for keeping it as such a fiercely guarded secret for so long. That's definitely effort that could have been expended on more productive, positive things.

If you take anything out of this, let it be this. Don't be afraid of letting your freak flag fly. Who cares if you're weird or "cringy" or whatever? It feels really good to be yourself, and apologetically so. Give some credit to your friends too, I sincerely doubt most people would ridicule, ostracize, or hate you for being a furry, and if they would then they're probably not worth being friends with anyways. 

Having great friends around you is really, everything a person needs.

Even if I never have any money, with great friends I'll be as rich as I could've dreamed. I know that sounds sappy but it's true.

My living conditions are kinda shitty at the moment - we're sharing a kitchen between 12 people and us and our stuff are kinda packed in like sardines, but I've never been happier in a dorm because my flatmates are just the best people. I hope that in time we can all become good friends =)

I feel so elated reading this Mutt. And happy to hear you have such endearing friends........that's something no amount of money can buy. So then consider yourself a very wealthy man indeed

Aww, thank you. You're absolutely right too. I count myself lucky to have met such awesome people, especially considering what a bad bunch of friends I had in grade school.

Thats super cool, my friends take the furry thing as a joke but they love me. I never really had to hide that about myseof because I didnt treat it like this big coming out thing.

in any case, congrats dude ^_^ Good friends are great to have, makes you all warm and fuzzy