Nickelback

Phausk

Sorry guys I'm not trying to start a fuss or anything but I don't appreciate personal attacks over petty forum posts because somebody disagrees with something I say.  There's a lot of stuff I disagree with here but I never personally attack anybody over it.  And if it's still unclear, you have to be a pretty terrible band to get tossed off stage by rock throwing fans!

That's all I have to say on this matter.  And yes, I just got home and poured a glass of wine.  Cheers 

Uhh, Yarra didn't wish harm upon them. They only stated that their favorite image of them was of said incident happening.

Put the keyboards down, pick your bongs up. Pay more attention.

You're twisting semantics around, man. People throwing rocks at a group they don't like isn't cool no matter the group, especially when you consider they'd be buying tickets just to do that.

That kind of petty violence isn't something that should be liked or condoned. It's just obnoxious, and really annoying for the fans that would be in the crowd.

I don't see the reasoning in buying out front-row tickets to a group you hate just to throw rocks at them. Is that really what you wanna do with your money?

It's happened to Justin Beiber as well, though it was water bottles.

Fucked up thing there is those tickets would have been really, really expensive :\ People are fucking dicks.

Dickweeds with lots of money do dumb shit, I guess.

I guess.

I go to a lot of concerts in a year, pretty much any that I can. Sometimes I'm there specifically to see opening bands, and it bothers me enough when the crowd is listless and on their phone. I dunno how I'd react if they started booing or getting violent towards a band. I know I was pissed at one show when a bunch of people started leaving after this mid-show raffle. Everyone paid to enter that, leaving maybe fifty of us to actually watch the headliner. It was so depressing!

concerts are expensive, and if you piss the band off, they might just walk out and that's it. No refunds because a few people up front were cocks.

So yeah. This stuff really pisses me off, regardless of who is on stage. It's really, really easy to go to the bar during a band you don't like. I'ts even easier to ignore music you don't like.

If I recall, the tickets weren't for Nickelback. Nickelback was opening for Slayer. Yeah, not sure who thought that was a good idea...

Nevermind it was apparently some metal festival? I dunno, maybe someone else can get better information on it.

Edited by Phausk

A bunch of their albums have gone platinum, so yeah. A lot of people do.

It's really only on the internet that they're this extremely hated punching bag.

Well it's not hard to sell albums when you're the face of bland rock music that plays on the radio that no one ever really likes but listens to anyways. They're like the rock version of Pitbull, if it weren't for all the Nickelback bashing I'd forget they exist exactly like Pitbull who I'm not even convinced is a real person yet.

Well it's not hard to sell albums when you're the face of bland rock music that plays on the radio that no one ever really likes but listens to anyways. They're like the rock version of Pitbull, if it weren't for all the Nickelback bashing I'd forget they exist exactly like Pitbull who I'm not even convinced is a real person yet.

They sell albums to people that like them. This whole concept of "ironically buying something" isn't widespread enough for them to sell over a million copies of an album.

They also sell out stadiums at $80 a ticket.

Not saying this makes their music good or not, but to pretend no one likes them is really silly.

They only have a few songs I like as decent and catchy, but theyre hardly interesting enough to listen to their whole discography. Im apathetic to them as a whole, but I dont hate them. I heard that from a musician standpoint all their songs have exactly the same sound and they straight up copy each old tunes, not actually changing things up

Speaking of bands that get a lot of hate, what about Linkin Park, guys?

I hear a lot of different things about where the negativity towards them comes from. I think it's because they changed up their sound a bit and fans got angry saying they liked 'old' Linkin Park and Linkin Park became sellouts. From an interview or something I just hear the reason for that is because the artists just mellowed out over time and changed their tune; something about them going from being brash teenagers to young adults with kids...so the transition is merely a matter of influence and its THEIR music so if they change their sound its totally up to them what they want to produce.

Although, on the other end of the spectrum thats just a clever explanation to cover up them being sellouts. Songs like "Iridescent" are more likely to make it on movie soundtracks like transformers than their hard-hitting music.

In any case, I happen to like 'old Linkin Park' better and couldnt care less if the 'new' one is not my cup of tea. They do have some good newer songs though and I wouldnt write it off as a whole (like most anything, really)

@WolfnightV4X1

I think most of the hate towards old Linkin Park comes from their general angsty sound/lyrics. They were very much young when they wrote Hybrid Theory and Meteoria and it kinda shows when you go back and listen. When people say, "it's like they were made to appeal to high schoolers" I can't really deny.

However, I still love their old stuff and listen to it.

I also love their new stuff. LIving Things is probably my favorite album by them, and The Hunting Party would be up there more if it wasn't hit by the loudness war.

Another band I was supposed to see this year only to have the show canceled due to injury :(