a wibbly wobbly timey wimey tread

Caledonian

How about favourite episodes? For some reason for me it's always been Gridlock. Dunno why, just felt quite disturbing to me. Close behind that is 42. LOOOOOVE the urgency there! Series 3 had so many great episodes, it's my favourite overall. Bearing in mind I've never seen the classics yet =(

I also LOOOOOOVE the Master

How about favourite episodes? 

I have two diametrically opposed favorites.

1. Paradise Towers - I watched this as a kid on the TV in my parents' bedroom one night when I was particularly ill (that was the luxury I got when I was sick). The local PBS station would play Doctor Who and a few other British shows late at night, and this was the story that happened to be on. It stuck in my mind because it was just so absolutely bizarre compared to anything I had ever seen before! Random robots killing off people? Weird elderly cannibal sisters? Too strange to forget.
  2. Dalek - How can you not love Nine literally spitting with rage as he rants at the imprisoned killbot? This was when Eccleston sold me on his iteration of the Doctor. The loathing, the anger, the sheer sadism when he was interacting with the Dalek. "Ten million Dalek ships on fire. I watched it happen. I made it happen!"

• Like 1

1. Dalek - How can you not love Nine literally spitting with rage as he rants at the imprisoned killbot? This was when Eccleston sold me on his iteration of the Doctor. The loathing, the anger, the sheer sadism when he was interacting with the Dalek. "Ten million Dalek ships on fire. I watched it happen. I made it happen!"

Oh yeah that episode is definitely great and is probably my reason for liking Eccleston as the Doctor so much too.  I also love it because it doesn't assume you already know what the Daleks are and at the same time it doesn't fill the entire episode with exposition about what they are.  It was a great way to introduce a new generation of Doctor Who fans to such a classic threat.

My favorite episode has to be Midnight though.  I love how it presents us with such a bizarre, alien, and deeply terrifying monster and it never bothers to explain what it is or why its doing this.  I really enjoyed how it made the Doctor feel powerless against it without making it some bizarre godlike being and how in the end it wasn't the Doctor being clever that saved his life, but instead it was just the sacrifice of a stranger that saved him.

my favourite episode is Vincent and the Doctor...so beautifull and sad.

That one made me cry, you are right, incredibly beautiful.

One of the last chronologically that I actually enjoyed.

I liked the one with the dream lord though, that was cool as fuck. Back to what Doctor Who used to be about, sheer horror. (Well, that's how I saw it anyway, the earlier reboot episodes seemed to have a horror feel to them)

That one made me cry, you are right, incredibly beautiful.

One of the last chronologically that I actually enjoyed.

I liked the one with the dream lord though, that was cool as fuck. Back to what Doctor Who used to be about, sheer horror. (Well, that's how I saw it anyway, the earlier reboot episodes seemed to have a horror feel to them)

some of the horrorish episodes cost me my night rest.

hey, wo turned out the light?!