Warcraft Movie Trailer

DevilishlyHandsome49

Came out today

I've never played the games and know little about its lore, but this looks interesting.

Thing is, I can't shake off the feeling they should've just made this a completely CGI movie. The CGI on the Orcs seems a bit off next to the live action cast. Anyone else noticing that, or is it just me?

They gonna fk up the lore so hard. I know it! *nerdanxieties*

Anyways, they really shouldn't have done this with live-action. It's kind of uncanny valley. Also - Blizzard animations are so amazingly good, which is even more reason to not make it live-action.

• Like 1

Anyways, they really shouldn't have done this with live-action. It's kind of uncanny valley. Also - Blizzard animations are so amazingly good, which is even more reason to not make it live-action.

Yes but if it was animated no one would watch it.

It looks surprisingly good though, even though I don't play WoW but I kinda want to see it now. Orc baby is fucking weird though.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

The only lore changes they are doing so far is the presence of Durotan after Rise of the Horde. After the Orcs crossed into Azeroth, Durotan and the Frostwolves were given the fuck-all By Gul'dan. You don't really hear about him until he goes to see Doomhammer and then gets assassinated hours later, with thrall getting picked up from Blackmore a bit later. 

I can see lore purists getting pissy about it, but in the movie's defense, there wasn't much about Durotan lore wise.

It is a bit uncanny and I wish the whole film was in CGI.

Everyone says it's amazing and I don't get it. I mean, it looks better any video game movie I've seen so far but the writing and the dialogue in that trailer was so fucking cliché and trite.

Maybe it's 'cause I don't play Warcraft? But it just looks like another dumb fantasy movie.

lore purists weird me out, BTW, are minor changes to an adaptation that bad?

Edited by Kellie Gator

Everyone says it's amazing and I don't get it. I mean, it looks better any video game movie I've seen so far but the writing and the dialogue in that trailer was so fucking cliché and trite.

Maybe it's 'cause I don't play Warcraft? But it just looks like another dumb fantasy movie.

It's definitely not because you don't play Warcraft. I haven't seen anyone saying it's amazing. Quite the opposite, actually. My experience is people saying the same thing you have, but also about how the armour looks like plastic(kinda does), how creepy the orcs look(they do), and how the CGI in-general is just... off.

I agree, to be honest. I feel like the only people that will love this movie will be the people that thought The Avengers was the best movie ever :v

It's definitely not because you don't play Warcraft. I haven't seen anyone saying it's amazing. Quite the opposite, actually. My experience is people saying the same thing you have, but also about how the armour looks like plastic(kinda does), how creepy the orcs look(they do), and how the CGI in-general is just... off.

I agree, to be honest. I feel like the only people that will love this movie will be the people that thought The Avengers was the best movie ever :v

After lurking more I saw more complaints, yeah, but usually directed towards the CGI.

Which is weird, the CGI was the least of my problems. I just think the whole thing was fucking cheesy and written for 13-year-olds or something. But so are a lot of the Marvel movie and they still turn out better.

Trailers by design make everything sound horrifically cheesy. Fuckin' Hollywood editors could take like [insert critically-applauded classic film here] and make it sound like Transformers 27: Rise of Megatron's Tax Collectors.