Root Canal!

FlynnCoyote

Almost an hour of needle, numb face and annoying drilling and re-filling of one of my teeth that I woke up to having in throbbing pain this morning.

Worst part was the bill, I'm down $600 and will likely be down that again when the followup appointment rolls around.

Seriously. Fuck my financial situation because of this.

I made it to a month shy of 28 years old before my first big dental problem. I think I did okay, just got a stroke of bad luck with a chipped tooth. Seriously, fucking minties are rock solid sometimes and soft like gum at others. It will be a while before I trust those delicious little fuckers again.

fuck dentists. i swear to fuck they get enjoyment out of tearing your face apart only to leave you with a mouth full of frozen bullshit that just to happens to go away at the worst possible time, all while pressing off some ludicrous bill... that reminds me of when i had to get a few wisdom teeth pulled, i could definitely feel them ripping shit out of my head, but there was no pain and i was wondering why people complained about that how much it was supposed to hurt. then, after the procedure, they prescribed me some antibiotics to take just in case shit went awry down the road and an infection ensued.... okay, sure. feeling pretty good, i went right to the pharmacist and figured i was going to fill my prescription without any problems... the worst part at that point was trying not to drool out the side of my mouth while i was there...

there was one fuck of a lineup, and it was like time slowed down when the freezing came out... holy fuck that was painful... people were looking at me funny because all i could do was fucking pace around my place in line with my head feeling like my jaw just got hacked off.

"oh, a tooth has been broken, this might hurt a bit later because we have to dig it out..." that fucking dentist. A FUCKING BIT? FUCK YOU.

i'd like to be the dentist's dentist. "oh this 7" makita grinder? you've got a bit of a fucking cavity, open wide you prick"

long story short, i picked up a bottle of advil with my prescription and popped a handful of the fuckers when i got out the door. that was some kind of pain.

Edited by Wrecker

I'm sad to say that you can reach a point where they just don't bother you anymore. But that being said take it from me, finding a really skilled dentist that uses good equipment makes a huge difference. I've had procedures that were absolute nightmares and torturous, and I've had some where I just wondered when it'd be over with already.

Find a real good place and stick with it, and don't ever come back to a dentist that handles your face roughly.

• Like 1

I clench my teeth and night and my dentist is harping on me to get a nightguard. Problem is, my obamacare insurance wont' cover it so that's $500 out of pocket for a plastic retainer. Tried one of those cheaper, storebought ones, but it sucks.

I can already tell that it's fucking with my gumline, the clenching. Got a bit too much exposed on one tooth and now it's sensitive to cold like a motherfucker :(

Only thing stopping me is that price.

Brush your teeth moar, people :v

I do that and yet it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Never got a problem with my teeth (that were caused by negligence, that is) but no matter how much I brush my fucking teeth, some of that white-yellow (haha) shit still remains. What I mean with that is the tartar. The worst part is that when I do get if off my gums bleed and ache

Edit: Got a bit of extra info: the yellow-ish stuff is not tartar but it still is a fucking pain in the ass. Or in the mouth, in this case

Edited by Guest

OP, at least yers has something wrong with it. I had nothing wrong with my teeth. (Impacted but wasnt really hurting or anything). But my dentist had my wisdom teeth removed. And it fucking hurt like hell. Even with all the anesthesia it still hurt. I wanted to punch the dentist's face while she was pulling and drilling and shit. 

Are you a dentist? Because that's what all dentists say.

No, but since my insurance is shit and my dentist stuff goes out of pocket, I've taken up the habit. It turns out money was the motivation I needed.

OP, at least yers has something wrong with it. I had nothing wrong with my teeth. (Impacted but wasnt really hurting or anything). But my dentist had my wisdom teeth removed. And it fucking hurt like hell. Even with all the anesthesia it still hurt. I wanted to punch the dentist's face while she was pulling and drilling and shit. 

Almost everyone gets their wisdom teeth out regardless of complications. They can effect your mouth later on in life, even if they come in straight. Especially if they were impacted.

Sucks your operation didn't go well though. I believe most get put under if the teeth are impacted. I was.

Almost everyone gets their wisdom teeth out regardless of complications. They can effect your mouth later on in life, even if they come in straight. Especially if they were impacted.

Sucks your operation didn't go well though. I believe most get put under if the teeth are impacted. I was.

Only local anesthesia here as far as I know. What's worse it that it was two sessions. So had to go back for more torture after she removed the first one. 

I had that done as well years ago, but I was put under for it. Woke up with a lot of swelling and soreness, but after a day it was done. Also was still a kid so parents covered that. >w>

I hear "root canal" and I immediately counter with "extraction."

I'll spend the $50-75 and take the very short-term temporary pain and short procedure over something that involved and expensive and painful.

I considered it. Believe me. But given that I'm still reasonably young, can ultimately make the money back and want to allow for potential future issues with other teeth, I figured the first one was worth preserving.