Coffee stains

Sarcastic Coffeecup

So I've gotten back into artism and I occasionally come up with things I feel like sharing and figured I'd post some of them here as well since it's the cool thing to do.

Anyhoo, without further ado, here's my scribblings of 2016, and if you feel like faving or looking at the rest of my gallery it's right here https://www.furaffinity.net/user/fincoffeemug/

1451489566.fincoffeemug_soldrey.png

1452066111.fincoffeemug_scullytoshare.pn

1453052810.fincoffeemug_owlefinshare.jpg

0fe61dd9a5.png

E: attempted a fix on the missing images

Edited by Sarcastic Coffeecup
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Your first too images are broken my man. I love your art style though, especially the kinda "scratchy" rough quality it has to it. Do you take commissions? :3

That's odd, they're plainly visible to me and I linked them the same way I linked the two others.
Thanks for the compliment, and as to commissions I'm a bit iffy about that right now. I draw stuff out of inspiration and to express myself and vent, so doing it for someone else for money might feel a bit like a chore and result in a piece of lesser quality..

Tell you what though, toss me info on what you'd like me to draw and I'll keep it in my thoughts. If at some point I manage to procure something presentable I'll offer it to you as a PWYW. Sound good?

Just now, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

That's odd, they're plainly visible to me and I linked them the same way I linked the two others.
Thanks for the compliment, and as to commissions I'm a bit iffy about that right now. I draw stuff out of inspiration and to express myself and vent, so doing it for someone else for money might feel a bit like a chore and result in a piece of lesser quality..

Tell you what though, toss me info on what you'd like me to draw and I'll keep it in my thoughts. If at some point I manage to procure something presentable I'll offer it to you as a PWYW. Sound good?

That sounds great! And all I'm really looking for is an image of my 'sona drawn in a more gritty style. Most of my commissions wind up having a cute, happy, sometimes cartoony vibe, which is great, but sometimes I like to mix it up a 'lil. Subject matter is unimportant as long as it features my mutt~

here's some pretty good refs: http://imgur.com/a/jIKH1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I realize this is quite simple (& possibly unintended), but the black borders together with the faded tan background give off such a coffee-stained feel. Just thought that was pretty neat and ingenious. As for your artwork, I'm always a fan of grittiness. You do it very well, especially with your two latest pieces. 

I hope doing some vent art has helped with whatever it was you were/are dealing with. It's always interesting seeing people's emotions spill into their work like you've done. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moogle said:

I realize this is quite simple (& possibly unintended), but the black borders together with the faded tan background give off such a coffee-stained feel. Just thought that was pretty neat and ingenious. As for your artwork, I'm always a fan of grittiness. You do it very well, especially with your two latest pieces. 

I hope doing some vent art has helped with whatever it was you were/are dealing with. It's always interesting seeing people's emotions spill into their work like you've done. 

Thanks man. You do some brilliant artwork yourself so having you compliment mine means something. I personally think the latest two aren't as good, they're not so much scracthy ( think I used the wrong canvas size so the brush is a lot wider than before) but it's rather just messy, but I guess that works too. Metaphors ho!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool work, like the hatchy approach that gives it a lot of emotion to it. Though one thing I think may help is starting to make sweeping lines instead of short choppy strokes. Least I mean be more purposeful with each hatch. I honestly have the same problem. Good stuff though, nice to see more emotive art, since I tend to default to cute happy looking shit lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...