Rave: Finding old currency

Kinharia

So I was given a lot of small change from the shop and I thought "May as well sort through this!" and looking through it I found an old coin from Ireland's Pre-Euro currency. It's no longer in circulation, no longer minted and is from the previous year to the creation of the Euro ^_^

Just a cool little find I think :)

(even though it was techincally not legal tender and I'm down 5 pence)

Edited by Kinharia
  • Like 1

I collect foreign and old currencies. Unfortunately I don't have very many old ones other than a couple small bags of old Australian coins. Many with the king on them!

I hope to keep building on my collection. I've found quite a few eurocents given to me instead of $2 which has been a little annoying... but at least I can add them to my collection.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Astus said:

I once found a us penny from 1931 randomly on the street; I was going to save it and pass it down but I'm pretty sure I spent it by accident as I cannot seem to find it anywhere

Those are referred to as "Wheaties", and I've got a good handful of them ranging from years between the 30's and 40's. I'M ROLLIN' IN WHEAT

• Like 1