the gender megathread

willow

Gender roles are just convenient molds that an average number of people belonging to a given biological sex have a higher proficiency or comfort adopting, they become significantly less relevant as mechanization and automation advance in a society but the cultural significance of them linger long past their functional relevance because of a multitude of sociological factors and individual cognitive biases.

I see tumblrgenders largely as an attempt by younger people who are increasingly given little incentive to adopt traditional roles to legitimize their decisions through pseudo-scientific identity politics. It's a refusal to refer to oneself in terms of the gender binary that has roots in the sexual dimorphism of the human species and instead indirectly show irreverence or disdain for said classification either due to general rebelliousness, dislike of having one's self-concept being undermined by a loose adherence to archetypes, or in some cases disdain for the cards that biology has dealt them.

I think the overlap between people who suffer from gender dysphoria and "snowflake gender" is existent but otherwise very small and their attempts to validate their chosen identity by equivocating it with "Being trans" (a condition that implicitly respects human sexual dimorphism) are mostly ludicrous and ironically inconsiderate of the people they allege to be advocates and allies of.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

"Is mayonnaisse a gender" is a common meme related to this topic and I found it funny despite being invested in the super srs bsns of the topic myself

The comment wasnt even meant to troll or cause strife it was just funny.

It was a reference to Patrick.

2 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Gender roles are just convenient molds that an average number of people belonging to a given biological sex have a higher proficiency or comfort adopting, they become significantly less relevant as mechanization and automation advance in a society but the cultural significance of them linger long past their functional relevance because of a multitude of sociological factors and individual cognitive biases.

I see tumblrgenders largely as an attempt by younger people who are increasingly given little incentive to adopt traditional roles to legitimize their decisions through pseudo-scientific identity politics. It's a refusal to refer to oneself in terms of the gender binary that has roots in the sexual dimorphism of the human species and instead indirectly show irreverence or disdain for said classification either due to general rebelliousness, dislike of having one's self-concept being undermined by a loose adherence to archetypes, or in some cases disdain for the cards that biology has dealt them.

I think the overlap between people who suffer from gender dysphoria and "snowflake gender" is existent but otherwise very small and their attempts to validate their chosen identity by equivocating it with "Being trans" (a condition that implicitly respects human sexual dimorphism) are mostly ludicrous and ironically inconsiderate of the people they allege to be advocates and allies of.

Wow effort posting and serious posting at the same time.

Zara knows how to post. 

Some people are boys but they want to be girls? Some girls want to be boys??? Just be happy with your vagiana, you have it already! And if you have a penis don't cut it off, just keep on it!!!

Edited by jcstinks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jcstinks said:

Some people are boys but they want to be girls? Some girls want to be boys??? Just be happy with your vagiana, you have it already! And if you have a penis don't cut it off, just keep on it!!!

Dicks are for chumps.

i think assholes who claim to be some kind of "transmasculine demiboy" because they didn't like dresses as a kid but never experienced legit dysphoria are a bigger threat to social progress than ye olde religious bigots who just don't get it and refuse to listen to science.  gender and gender roles are not the same thing.  not everybody who rejects their assigned gender roles is transgender, because your gender identity has biological roots even when it doesn't match up with your outer sex characteristics.  i will be glad for the day when they can pinpoint a cause and invent a physical means of testing for transgenderism as a legitimate and treatable disorder, thus destroying the very foundation upon which all sparklegenders stand.  gender is not just a construct or a label that you can shed as you see fit in order to escape reproach for your exploration of gender roles.  the sooner people realize that and stop enabling the special-snowflake movement, the sooner actual transgender people can be taken seriously. 

• Like 1