Poppy O'Possum

Gryphoneer

Morbi even explained the whole thing about multiple sets of boobs on his Tumblr blog. You can ask him all kinds of questions and if the answer isn't too spoilery he will answer them in a surprisingly detailed way. One time there was a discussion about magic guns going on.

Anyway, I love Poppy. It's such a great comic! It's detailed, the artstyle is great even when Morbi experiments with different styles for each chapter and it also has a lot of momentum that keeps you going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Käpt'n said:

The current chapter was especially interesting so far. It has it all! Cuteness, drama, love, death... Nudity ;3

Noice

I just need to find a time where I don't have anything to do for a few hours and dig in.

Also I need to get over my current obsessions before taking up a new one. :P

On 4.6.2016 at 9:15 AM, Endless/Nameless said:

Noice

I just need to find a time where I don't have anything to do for a few hours and dig in.

Also I need to get over my current obsessions before taking up a new one. :P

The last page of the current chapter came out, the comic will go on a hiatus until the 27th. If you want to catch up, now is the time! :)

Anyway, this chapter was good! And what a ride it was... First the cover page shows Poppy and Kit together, then she was just holding her after Kit had her breakdown and now they actually are a couple? Well played, Morbi.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The worldbuilding and general attention to detail in this comic is honestly fascinating. It starts on a very small scale, with even the various hints at bigger and more ominous things feeling relatively distant and low-stakes... and then it begins to zoom out, further and further. I did not expect that when I first started reading it, way back when the first chapter was going up, but I am terribly pleased.

• 2 months later...

The comic will be continued as a novel once this chapter is done.

Morbi doesn't want to keep working on Poppy as a comic because it's ruining him physically. He also seems to prefer writing in general.
So it will be mostly text with illustrations in the near future, similar to his winter speciel: http://www.poppy-opossum.com/extras/holiday-1/

Honestly, I am fine with this. I like reading and his world building is even better in text form if you ask me.

Comic seems pretty dope from what I've read so far. Kinda bummed that it's gonna be pure text from a certain point, from what I've read here, but hopefully by the time I get that far into it I'll be too invested to care =3

Same. Morbi has a real knack for character writing but I think their art conveys their ambition more aptly than their prose, and taking away the majority of the visual element could also strip the story of a lot of its humour given how layered and detailed the gags tend to be. That said, I'm still on board.

• 2 weeks later...