Covers Superior to the Original

Kosha

Sometimes a musician does a song better than the original musician.

I prefer Laibach's version over the Rolling Stone's version because it strikes fear into my heart.

I don't care if this has become a meme, I think it better potrays the feeling of isolation than Tears for Fears's version.

Everyone knows this cover. Everyone loves this cover. Do I need to say more?

Have you ever listened to the original folk song? Nothing interesting. This cover turned it into a soulful bluegrass song.

I have to disagree on "Mad World". Everybody trys to say Jules's version is better, but it's just not. They're both equally good; they're flip sides of the same coin. Tears for Fears explores the fusteration of the lyrics, Jules explores the despair of the lyrics. One is not better than the other.

If I say it than it must be so. :D 

If I have enough ambition later I'll expound on some of my own preferred covers. I can be quite opinionated when it comes to my music. 

Edited by Endless/Nameless
Goddame schpellin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I have to disagree on "Mad World". Everybody try to say Jules's version is better, but it's just not. They're both equally good; they're flip sides of the same coin. Tears for Fears explores the fusteration of the lyrics, Jules explores the despair of the lyrics. One is not better than the other.

I've never thought about it that way.

As a general rule I tend to prefer original versions of songs, but there is one cover version that I will defend to my death:

"I Heard it Through the Grapevine"

The original by Marvin Gaye is whiny, draggy, overplayed, and uggghghhghhgh...... 

This cover is :):):) 

7 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

It makes more sense if you deal with depression+anxiety disorders like I do. 

Jules's cover is probably superior to me because it hits a chord. His cover has a strong feeling of isolation. Growing up, I felt very isolated by my peers.

• Like 1