All that furry snark has finally paid off!

AshleyAshes

So I went to my first furry convention this weekend though due to weak content I'm skipping the Sunday and napping.  Anyway, I go to 'Who Wants To Be A Popufur?' which is basically a half assed written 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' and the woman running it seemed to mostly used snark and drama questions.  After watching a few rounds I realize that I got this shit, I'm doing this shit.  I WON THE GRAND PRIZE, FURRIES!  Reading FurryDrama_2 since 2008 has finally paid off with a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate!  :V I'm going to buy AAA batteries with this and roll around on them naked in bed like someone who is rich in batteries!

Also I learned that I'm terrible at playing the Kazoo.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, DevilBear said:

With 25 whOle dollars you could buy SO MANY GOD DAMN BATTERIES.

GOOD FRIGGING JOB!!!!!

on a related note I don't think I'd ever be able to go to a furcon. I'm too pretty and I assume it's just like HBO's Oz.

1) Because one of my MCE remotes batteries died last night and I have a lot of AAs but no AAA's. :D

2) The con wasn't bad but I felt that despite being in it's 7th year, it was really, really weak in panel content.  They certainly put a lot of effort into the typical 'big events' but outside of that, if you weren't into that particular big event, is because there wasn't much else to do other than hang with friends.  At like the anime conventions I'm used to, there's plenty of panels and other events to keep you entertained at all times.  Their video game room was also dull as heck but they knew they had problems and now I'm in talks to offer a bunch of material support to their gaming room next year.

why would you roll around naked on batteries

are you trying to make them sexually charged

In all seriousness though, congrats! Sorry the convention wasn't as fun as it could've been, but regardless I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and managed to win such a contest! 

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 6

Honestly, panels at conventions, regardless of size, tend to be kinda underwhelming. FE is mostly good for seeing/hugging all the fantastic fursuiters, meeting a couple of new people, talking to artists n' getting commissions, and maybe hotel room parties, if that's your thing. Having a costume also, obviously, really helps.

That said, the Fart Facts 101 panel was surprisingly fantastic. God bless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kazooie said:

Honestly, panels at conventions, regardless of size, tend to be kinda underwhelming. FE is mostly good for seeing/hugging all the fantastic fursuiters, meeting a couple of new people, talking to artists n' getting commissions, and maybe hotel room parties, if that's your thing. Having a costume also, obviously, really helps.

Likely true, conventions can definitely be considered dull for people who arent into art and costume stuff or are too broke to buy cool stuff. Besides that panels events usually consist of speakers, games, and contests set up by someone or other. Depending on who sets it up for what purpose and what degree it can be decent or meh at worst (unless its bronycon panels then its a trainwreck [:V])

11 hours ago, kazooie said:

Inflatables is where it's at. 

6 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Was there any questions about bitcoin, diapers, Chase, piss in a bottle, or ghetto blacks?

Pamperchu and Rainfurrest were questions.  Frankly, I knew the answer to the Pamperchu question only because two questions were obviously 'lulz' answers and the third option was 'Dan Skunk'.  However, this is part of the problem with the gameshow, it had a few too many 'lulzy stupid' answer options that you could easily rule out, it kinda breaks the game, and this doesn't help that she booked 90mins for the gameshow and ran out of questions in 30mins.  I think she was lazy in her prep anyway, she only had a measly four sets of ten questions each ready to play, what the HELL did she think she was going to do with the 90mins?  Like, it was kinda fun, but I thinks he could have had a LOT more fun with the 90mins if she'd made more of an actual effort.