Gift Cards are Bad

TrishaCat

The worst kind of gift cards are the fixed denomination ones for marketplaces that charge tax. 

I was gonna buy a Nintendo eShop card for my brother so I didn't have to enter a debit card into his 2DS, but all they let me choose from was 20 or 40. What if we bought a $40 card and he wanted to buy Smash Bros for $39.99? Well, he'd be screwed unless he could round up the extra 0.69 cents. What a crappy gift that would be. 

Edited by Endless/Nameless

Even worse, the Nintendo eShop doesn't let you straight up buy games. You have to load your account with fixed amounts ahead of time, which are the same sizes as the gift cards. Considering how taxes work, you always end up with some unusable amount leftover. What a gyp.

7 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Even worse, the Nintendo eShop doesn't let you straight up buy games. You have to load your account with fixed amounts ahead of time, which are the same sizes as the gift cards. Considering how taxes work, you always end up with some unusable amount leftover. What a gyp.

On 3DS/Wii U it lets you add exact amounts with a credit/debit card. 

Which of course, is only handy if you have one, or if you have a Nice Guy™️ such as I to borrow one from.