Mewtwo Fursuit

Misomie

So made some good headway on this project so I'm finally posting it, lol. It will be a fullsuit and for my boyfriend to wear to Fanime this year, so late May deadline.

Here is the creepy start:

CAM01150.thumb.jpg.082f97fa908d55d421ff4

CAM01151.thumb.jpg.136385923d2b10a534aee

If it doesn't look dumb at first, something is wrong. X D (I also frankensteined in an old abandoned base of mine with fresh foam to save time).

Anyways, I forgot to take inbetween pics soooo...

CAM01178.thumb.jpg.ed1553f70114a77bc92e7

CAM01179.thumb.jpg.e0f35d89403258c3b7bb2

CAM01181.thumb.jpg.ed428ca905bd7a812efd2

CAM01165.thumb.jpg.dc768810063c11708c03b

CAM01174.thumb.jpg.aaf5c529ed84bff4dddfb

I took some artistic liberty and threw in some extra cat and alien features. I'm going to change a few things (like the top of the head) but otherwise it is good to go. 

Eyes are going to be 3D. There is extra foam layers to give the glasses good room (Four layers vs my normal two). 

We are using white fur instead of light purplegray and the purple for his tail lready arrived. 

I really like how it is shaping up. : )

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zytan said:

Good luck playing the piano with those fingers xD

I shall take a video of that when complete~

5 minutes ago, Strangefox32000 said:

Holy shit, you work fast!

By comparison, It took me about three weeks to get to that point with Dack. (Which was two weeks ago)

Here's where I was at by yesterday morning 

image.jpeg

This is my 8th head. Each project has been cutting down my work time. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I did finish this on time (mainly, didn't do the handpaws and temp glued the zipper) and I didn't really get pics. My boyfriend wore it when drunk/tired and he sat on the filthy ground for a good hour at con and turned the temp handpaws almost black and got a lot of the white fur filthy. He also fell off the bus and destroyed the temp zipper cause he kept leaning on and sliding down rough walls so it started coming apart (all sewn seams held but he did rip some fur). When the suit was half off and it was hour two I convinced him to return to the hotel. He decided to take the escalator (and I thought it would be safer than the stairs cause you just stand there....) and fell down them. I was holding the head but the body was then damaged from the escalator (and probably seriously protected him). He did cut his chin and bled all over the temp paws (thank goodness I didn't finish the real ones) and got a good chunk of blood on the white body. I'm glad my boyfriend is ok but I'm way upset on how hard I worked for it to just get dirty and be bled on. Ug. 

I'll be keeping the head and feetpaws but scrapping the body. The tail is awesome but we will be switching to long fur as he is just reckless in suit and that fur can take the abuse while short fur can rip with a good tug. The difference in the purple fur would be too obnoxious. I'll probably cut off the tail and keep as a pillow. 

I'll take pics of the feet and such later after cleaning the suit. Too tired right now. 

1 hour ago, Misomie said:

So, I did finish this on time (mainly, didn't do the handpaws and temp glued the zipper) and I didn't really get pics. My boyfriend wore it when drunk/tired and he sat on the filthy ground for a good hour at con and turned the temp handpaws almost black and got a lot of the white fur filthy. He also fell off the bus and destroyed the temp zipper cause he kept leaning on and sliding down rough walls so it started coming apart (all sewn seams held but he did rip some fur). When the suit was half off and it was hour two I convinced him to return to the hotel. He decided to take the escalator (and I thought it would be safer than the stairs cause you just stand there....) and fell down them. I was holding the head but the body was then damaged from the escalator (and probably seriously protected him). He did cut his chin and bled all over the temp paws (thank goodness I didn't finish the real ones) and got a good chunk of blood on the white body. I'm glad my boyfriend is ok but I'm way upset on how hard I worked for it to just get dirty and be bled on. Ug. 

I'll be keeping the head and feetpaws but scrapping the body. The tail is awesome but we will be switching to long fur as he is just reckless in suit and that fur can take the abuse while short fur can rip with a good tug. The difference in the purple fur would be too obnoxious. I'll probably cut off the tail and keep as a pillow. 

I'll take pics of the feet and such later after cleaning the suit. Too tired right now. 

:o

Shit

Sorry to hear that

43 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

:o

Shit

Sorry to hear that

Yeah. It was pretty awful. I had to take a taxi back (they are pricey in the city, triple the prices I'm used to) cause there was no way I was getting him onto the shuttle and back to the hotel. 

Luckily I was able to have a fun time after I went back to the con. He has major regrets right now though but he at least learned his lesson on getting sleep and watching his intake. 

• 5 months later...